cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic RML8555 won't turn off

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dometic RML8555 refrigerator that works okay but doesn't want to shut off when the on/off button is pressed for 3+seconds. Occasionally it may work okay and shut off after a random number of times that I press the button. Dometic says it's the "upper board" which sells for $743+ dollars. I'm of course skeptical and shocked at the diagnosis and price. Anybody have any insight to this problem that might help? I'm thinking that the on/off button must trigger some sort of relay somewhere external to this upper board so that I could access it and replace it. Maybe there's something in or on the board that I could replace?
6 REPLIES 6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
RLS7201 wrote:
Could this control board on Amazon be what you are looking for?

Richard

No, His model has a "special" touch pad. Doug

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Could this control board on Amazon be what you are looking for?

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for their input. The solution to put in a kill switch will be done as soon as I get home from my next trip.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The RML8555 is a Swedish built refer. Not like the other Dometic models assembled in the USA, from overseas parts. Because of the different style controls the 8555 uses, the parts are very expensive. And, I am surprised you could even find a optical inside panel to buy. Almost all the 8555 parts have been very hard to get and this was prior to Covid supply problems. I would install a 12 volt kill switch, disconnecting the 12 volts to the refer to shut the refer down. You could run the 2 wires to a switch inside by the refer. Doug

For 743 bucks I would put a little push button switch in there to interrupt the circuit instead of buying a board, if that's what the issue is.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
If an occasion malfunctioning odds the switch is faulty have one on our fireplace that does the same.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu