cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Low point drains

FredK42
Explorer
Explorer
Where are the low point drains located in a 2016 leprechaun 260DS?
8 REPLIES 8

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
whemme wrote:
Why not look their locations up in your ownerโ€™s manual?

This is always a great reply, but unfortunately, for many of us the "owners manual" is a super generic collection of information that generally doesn't apply to any specific model in the line. It's included so the manufacturer can say they included an owners manual.

That said, there's some manufacturers that document their specific models. I helped a friend once on his MiniWinne, and it was a precise document of the unit.

Our low point drains on our 2016 2250 Sunseeker are in two locations, the FW tank drain is indeed below/beside the FW tank (valve on the blue line at the left; tube emerges below the MH):

But the line drains are below the kitchen sink just aft of the side door:

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
So I have to point out something from the burhrn video that I like. All the drain valves are secured to the flooring. That closes off a possible critter entry. My last class C was not made the well. Coachmen does do some things right.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2mepUX9HkE
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
Why not look their locations up in your ownerโ€™s manual?
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
This Youtube Video may be of help. Good Luck..
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look inside your basement rear storage compartment. There may be a panel screwed in place. If you remove that panel, you should see 3 valves. H / C and FW drain.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
In general . Look under the chassis. Look for red and blue pex lines with screwcaps or petcocks. Open them as well as sink faucets to vent the lines for draining.

If you see that the red line is capped and the blue is open ended, then that blue line is a 'dual purpose line' which drains your freshwater tank as well as the low-point line. There would be an "interior mounted valve' near the floor to gravity drain the FW tank.

Draining low point drain lines takes very little time because its a small amount of water.
If you have the dual line setup then the blue could take longer depending on the amount of water in your FW tank.

Three most common areas for low-point drains is near the water pump, freshwater holding tank or exterior water gravity fill port .

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
i have a thor chateau 26a it is behind the drivers side rear wheeles jusf in front of the bumper.. hope that helps they are all differant
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member