cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT tires look askew!

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at a 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS TT and the tires look askew. Not sure if this trailer has torsion axles? I took a couple pics but not sure you can see the issue. The tires on the curb side are not at the same angle/on the same plane/one tire leans more than the other/not sure how to describe! What could this be? It was parked in a somewhat tight spot, so not sure if they are just torqued and would straighten out? Or if it's something more severe. I didn't get a good look at the other side but the axles underneath the trailer looked OK....camber looked about right, etc. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated. Should I keep this TT on my list of possibles or just pass on it and keep looking?

Not sure why the photos won't load correctly? Right click and open in new tab works....

2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS
14 REPLIES 14

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent! and thank you for coming back with an update.

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
OP here again. Thanks for all your input here. All turned out good with the TT and pulled quite nicely on the trip to its new home! Tires wear looked OK. Now to sell my hybrid TT!!!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ssthrd wrote:
ssthrd wrote:
What do the tires look like? Any uneven wear?

As a first step, I agree with all above, but what do the tires look like. If you have a bent axle or a spindle issue, chances are good that you will notice unusual tire wear.t thing. Checking is easy. Just look.

If you search for RV alignment shops in your area, they can check it for you.

Iโ€™d hope you agree with yourselfโ€ฆlol.
Guessing the owner of the RV might not just want a perspective buyer hauling a TT they donโ€™t own down to the RV alignment shop though.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
ssthrd wrote:

As a first step, I agree with all above, but what do the tires look like. If you have a bent axle or a spindle issue, chances are good that you will notice unusual tire wear.t thing. Checking is easy. Just look.

If you search for RV alignment shops in your area, they can check it for you.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
Agree what others have said about pulling the trailer forward a few feet. The TT I bought used had one wheel visibly tipped inwards at the top compared to the other 3. New 3500 lb axle from dexter cost about $300 and installed myself. You could see the bend in the old axle between the spring hanger and the spindle.
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
penguin149 wrote:
OP here. Thanks for the quick replies! And for the photos posting tips. My McAfee anti-virus software didn't like that website!

Snip...

There is nothing wrong with the website. It has been in use here for quite a few years now and I used it to post your picture. It must be due to some setting in your McAfee software. I use it with Norton on about 4 different computers with no problems.
Don't be afraid to use it.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. Thanks for the quick replies! And for the photos posting tips. My McAfee anti-virus software didn't like that website!

I plan on going back to take a more serious look at this TT this weekend and will ask the owner if he could pull it forward a few feet to see if it straightens the tires out. This trailer has a very wide stance (gap between tires) and is advertised as easier to tow, etc. Was concerned about possible bent/warped axle or spindle.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
That can happen if you're turning while backing in and don't pull forward to straighten the axles out.
Yup. Sometimes my tires can be about 2" out of sync.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
That can happen if you're turning while backing in and don't pull forward to straighten the axles out.

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree with the above post. ^^^. This happens very easily on pavement. Not so much on sand or grass as the tires can slide easily.
Here is your picture.

If you will follow these directions exactly, it is very easy to post pictures on our forums. One of our moderators, 1492, developed this photo posting app to post your pictures. It works for other internet sites also. There is no need to have a separate hosting site for your pictures in order to use it.

It is very simple to use.
1. Upload your picture from your computer to the app.
2. Copy the resulting URL.
3. Paste that URL into your post

without ANY changes

. No additions or deletions.
Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.:)

I have posted a test thread here for members to try out the app and see how it works. That thread is ONLY for testing however and not for comments on pictures. Good luck.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Ask them to pull the trailer the forward a little. That should let them settle out. It is normal for TT axles to flex as the tires scrub in tight turns. But definitely make sure that's all it is before signing any paperwork.

BTW - most dealers use forklifts to move units around, so the units tend to get turned a lot tighter than they would when being towed.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the tow vehicle was slightly turning when they parked the camper? That can make the wheels look "bent" sometimes... or askew.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't see anything wrong, but at the distance and angle, it's really hard to determine much.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"