cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seat Comfort

Salty_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely don't want to start my truck is better than your truck post.

Beginning to look at 2022/2023 dually F350 or F450 and the GM 3500. Long box, 4x4, diesels in Lariat or King Ranch and High Country/Denali trim levels. On some forum (can't remember which) someone mentioned the newer Ford seats were less comfortable. Does anyone has experience with these two trucks - especially the newer models? There are not many trucks that fit this criteria for us to drive in our area - long trips to get to them.

An FYI - while I am A GM guy, the larger fuel tank on the Ford may change my mind and I know I could replace the OEM tank, add a tank, etc. Not really interested in having to do that.

Thanks in advance, Mike
Wife, kids, somebody else's kids, dog, kitchen sink

Cleverly disguised as an adult.
28 REPLIES 28

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, my 02 Excursion XLT with the leather seats were very comfortable. Could drive 10-12 hours a day and never be sore.
My current 16 1500 BigHorn seats are also very comfortable.

I do miss the auto high beams and adaptive headlamps as well as adaptive cruise and auto wipers in my Chrysler 300. Once you have these things you don’t realize how nice they are until you don’t have them.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
I can comment on my 2017 F350 Platinum as having very comfortable seats, same can be said about the wife's 2021 Expedition - both have the massaging function and during longer drives i really enjoy it.

I've rented several Suburban and Yukon's over the past few years for fly in family winter vacations and I find them to be very comfortable as well but the bottom cushion length is on the short side and after a few hours i need to get out and walk around a little bit (i'm 6-2, 215 so a bigger guy).

The only Ram product I've driven in for any real distance was a customers 2020 Ram 1500 Limited and i found it comparable to my F350 seat wise.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think my RAM does have the Auto on the lights I just never use it. Daytime I hit my parking lights plus fog lights.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
^^ Auto headlights don't take over your use of the headlights, they just come on when dark enough, the high beam comes on if no traffic in the view and turns off it there is. You can still turn them on if you want or turn them off if the auto turns them on and you didn't want them on.

Not sure why people think automation in a car is a bad thing. There is always an override and often a way to turn the feature off completely. I have autosensing wipers. I often forget they are on, can go days without realizing they are on, then rain hits the window, and they wipe. I didn't have to do anything. I never, think, I didn't want that to wipe... Same with the headlights and auto high beam... I could go on about adaptive cruise, but this thread is about uncomfortable seats. If my Ford had comfortable seats, it would be the best vehicle I have owned, but sadly it doesn't. My next vehicle will have all these features and more, hopefully it has comfortable seats.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
That sounds dangerous.

Why do I get the feeling when Ram offers this option, we'll be reading rave reviews on your opinion that it will be the best thing since sliced bread and all the neighbors will be standing in line to ride in your truck.

Straight up honest statement! No way would I want that option, ordered new furniture for the RV and could have had it but NO THANKS!!!

Only two options I did not order on my RAM were auto dim headlights and auto wipers. Not into "STUFF".

Then why that Longhorn ,why not just a Tradesman , it doesn't have any "STUFF" :B If I remember no auto dimming or auto wipers if you chose the bed camera , couldn't have it all ????

Bed camera puts the view in the rear view, I have it and hate it.

I like to turn on my own headlights and flash to bright also like to turn on wipers when I want to.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
That sounds dangerous.

Why do I get the feeling when Ram offers this option, we'll be reading rave reviews on your opinion that it will be the best thing since sliced bread and all the neighbors will be standing in line to ride in your truck.

Straight up honest statement! No way would I want that option, ordered new furniture for the RV and could have had it but NO THANKS!!!

Only two options I did not order on my RAM were auto dim headlights and auto wipers. Not into "STUFF".

Then why that Longhorn ,why not just a Tradesman , it doesn't have any "STUFF" :B If I remember no auto dimming or auto wipers if you chose the bed camera , couldn't have it all ????

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, the telescoping wheel is nice! My SuperDuty seats very comfy, even two up! It is nice having two drivers. She sleeps while I drive, then I sleep when she drives. Works for us!!

She was the best Companion a man could ask for, but left this world Feb. 2020. I surely miss her in most things I do!

Jerry

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Telescoping steering wheel would be nice.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
One feature that makes the Super Duty comfortable for me is the large interior window seal makes for a nice secondary arm rest and the telescopic steering is also another nice touch for comfort.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
That sounds dangerous.

LOL... OK bets are on the table!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
That sounds dangerous.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
That sounds dangerous.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Gritdog.......................OW ! LOL
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
I chose whatever seat my wife likes best. Being shorter, she prefers the shorter bottom so that it does not hit the back of her legs past her knees.

As for heated seats, if you do not find a truck that is already built today, there will be no heated seats in the GM HD trucks until the chip issue is resolved.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS