Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RVs over 10 years old are valueless
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RVs over 10 years old are valueless

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/21 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RV Park here doesn’t care what they look like, they have the 10 rule. You show em your registration or you don’t get in.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

bcbouy

100 mile house

View Profile

Posted: 11/13/21 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

a lot of people gloss over the fact that new rv owners are not all model rv'ers.we've run across more than a few very unlikeable rv owners in their shiny new rigs that i would not want to know at all.looking at you Karen.i can't get behind the over 10 year old rv mentality.the age says nothing about the owners.

2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/21 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been going to Majestic Oak Resort in Rockport Texas, for the winter, since I retired in 2016. I have a very nice 1999 Jayco Eagle 5W. My reservation was set for the 2021-22 winter season, deposit paid. Later, last spring I received a phone call informing me my rig would not be allowed as it was beyond their 10 year rule. They refunded my deposit. This RV park is under new ownership and management.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/21 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

Trying to keep the real junk with home ACs hanging out the RV's windows out.
And the rusty old oil-leaking clunkers.

The 10-year rule is often an option for them, sorta like 'we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.'

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/21 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdb7566 wrote:

I have been going to Majestic Oak Resort in Rockport Texas, for the winter, since I retired in 2016. I have a very nice 1999 Jayco Eagle 5W. My reservation was set for the 2021-22 winter season, deposit paid. Later, last spring I received a phone call informing me my rig would not be allowed as it was beyond their 10 year rule. They refunded my deposit. This RV park is under new ownership and management.

New owners at our seasonal campground caused us to sell our 5th wheel due to all their changes.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/21 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, I just about a year, our wonderful coach will be 50 years old. We have only been asked its age out of curiosity. She still has a lot of life left and I don't plan to scrap her.

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog (one is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/21 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super_Dave wrote:

jdb7566 wrote:

New owners at our seasonal campground caused us to sell our 5th wheel due to all their changes.

So let me understand. You decided to sell your unit rather than find another campground? Chuck

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/21 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

d1h wrote:

State parks don't care what you pull in and setup.

I recently stayed in a state park in Oregon. The camp host's site was a plastic tarp shanty.

My trailer is 13 years old and my truck is 17. I stay at places with 10 year rules and they invite me back.

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/21 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chuckbear wrote:

Super_Dave wrote:

jdb7566 wrote:

So let me understand. You decided to sell your unit rather than find another campground? Chuck

There is a long answer and a short answer, the short answer is it was the only option for where we camp seasonally.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/21 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

restlessways wrote:

I have a 15 year old 5th wheel in perfect condition, but I am no longer allowed in RV parks - the same parks which allowed me in last year. They're all citing "the 10 year rule." Therefore, this 5th wheel serves no purpose anymore as I cannot travel with it. I am done RVing. Rant off.

This gotta be the most childish post from a senior citizen I’ve seen in a while!
Thanks for the laughs.
PS….apparently you got away with your over 10 year old rig for 4 years…..lol

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RVs over 10 years old are valueless
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.