Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RVs over 10 years old are valueless
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RVs over 10 years old are valueless

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
akkeosflomdis

New York

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/21 03:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not all campgrounds have the same rules, and for those who make them, maybe it's worth having a conversation explaining your loyalty with them. To date, at least.

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/21 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did make an entry to this thread just about a month ago but I decided to drop in and see where it was going.....

We are hosts for Boondockers Welcome I have decided that I will request a recent picture of all rigs less than 10 years old. I will make a special allowance for any over forty years old.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dog (one is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/21 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The more beautiful places to go usually don't have that rule. Amazing places I have found off the beaten path. And Oh such nice people too. It's been fun and I will never go thru building/ upgrading another new RV. That was a load of work getting it up to what I wanted.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/21 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can anyone fault the CGs or other hosts for wanting to keep the eyesores off of their property?

Everyone loves a restored or maintained RV no matter the age. The units held together by luck tape & hope dope are another matter.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Andrew007

Anchorage

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/21 01:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had to stop at this thread when I read its title. I still own a 2010 Ford E-Series Van, which is 11 years old and I still use it for RV camping trips.

eend

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/21 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those parks that only allow newer rv’s are for yuppies only, you don’t want to be there anyway.

2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

nickthehunter

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/21 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Andrew007 wrote:

I had to stop at this thread when I read its title. I still own a 2010 Ford E-Series Van, which is 11 years old and I still use it for RV camping trips.
I doubt anchorage is the kind of place that would have a 10 year old rule; it takes a special kind of moxie.

ItsyRV

Lost on the Blue Ridge Parkway

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/21 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eend wrote:

Those parks that only allow newer rv’s are for yuppies only, you don’t want to be there anyway.

Most of the places I've come across that has this rule are full of the "Get off my lawn" "No kids in the pool" old folks.

1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

BigRabbitMan

Cottage Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/22 12:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Matt_Colie wrote:

I did make an entry to this thread just about a month ago but I decided to drop in and see where it was going.....

We are hosts for Boondockers Welcome I have decided that I will request a recent picture of all rigs less than 10 years old. I will make a special allowance for any over forty years old.

Matt

Matt, I might get in where you can’t as mine is three years younger than yours!
I have been in a number of parks where I have seen them looking past me then when parked and looking over the rules seen the 10 year rule.

But as campground crowding continues and parks are sold to new owners I expect to run into being turned away at some point. It’s their option and will just move down the road. I have had mine for 21 years and not going to change now.

BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/22 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ItsyRV wrote:

eend wrote:

Most of the places I've come across that has this rule are full of the "Get off my lawn" "No kids in the pool" old folks.

Highest amount I ever paid for an overnight stay, the sewer hook up was 3-4 feet from the neighbors picnic table. Could not wait to leave that place after dumping when they were having brunch. Couldn't help the time as we had to get going.

When leaving I noted the large area available where they could have spread out those two sites and made them much nicer. It's weird they let utilities dictate this horribly close layout.

I cannot express, after staying at several nice state parks forest service campgrounds most all my camping life, how bad I wanted to get out of there.

* This post was edited 01/12/22 08:00am by covered wagon *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RVs over 10 years old are valueless
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.