cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
Our (new to us) motorhome has a small section of outside trim that has separated from the fiberglass wall. It's about a 20 inch gap (about 3/8") that I can pull open, but not able to get inside for a good cleaning.

What is the best adhesive to use? This is my only one shot, so I want the best I can get.

Thanks....

Skip
KillingTime
5 REPLIES 5

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
OP here.

I went with the Gorilla two part epoxy. I mixed it in a large syringe from Walmart and applied under the trim. I cleaned under the trim with rubbing alcohol before applying.

I positioned a board with a little force on top of the trim. Looks like this will work just fine.

Will remove board tomorrow.

Note: If you want to use this method, be ready to apply the epoxy ASAP, as it sets up in the syringe in about five minutes.

Thanks for the input.

Skip
KillingTime

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Body moldings on cars and trucks is installed with 3M VHB tape. If it holds door amd trim molding on a pickup it should hold on an RV
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
3M Trim Cement available at any auto parts store.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gorilla or GOOP Goop is not as strong but it is easier to use.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know that I have had great luck using the Gorilla products. Perhaps you may find one of their adhesives that will work the best. The most important thing is that you use something to get inside the gap and clean the surfaces with alcohol first to insure a good bond. Determine what the composition is of the two surfaces and then do a search for the best adhesive.