cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diamond Shield

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
We have the DS on the front of our MH. There are several spots under it, probably mold. It's not real bad right now, but I read that it's quite costly to have replaced.

What other options have others gone with?

I've even thought, when it's time, just have it removed and repaint the front cab.

Thanks,

Skip
KillingTime
5 REPLIES 5

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, the green measles. I called Winnebago two years ago, and they passed me to LCI, the company that does their painting. They took my coach back into warranty and replaced the Diamond Shield with 3-M with a lifetime warranty. The only catch was I has to bring the coach to them in Forest City, Iowa. I did, and LCI did a wonderful job for us.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I called the Newmar factory and they quoted me $6,000.00 to remove. My wife and I removed it over three day period by heading it into the summer sun and allowing it to get good and warm and slowly removing it. Cost: -$6,000.00

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We had ours removed and new diamond shield applied at Florida Applied Films. on our 2006 Phaeton a couple years ago.

We were very happy with it. It was about $2500 for everything. We did not have to have the front repainted. Once they got the old film off, it looked brand new. But we had 3 chips in the paint from big bugs or rocks and had to get some matching touchup paint. We had that done at Lazy Dayz and the new film has a lifetime warranty against mold, etc.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Wayne at Ugly Shield is THE go-to.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
Ours was getting so bad that I removed it. You're correct on having it replaced. It's expensive. I removed myself and have to admit it's a tedious job and you have to take your time. I don't know where you are located but there is a company in Fort Meyers, FL area that removes it. It's called Ugly Shield Removal. Wayne and his dad own the company. He has plenty of very detailed videos on YouTube just Google "Ugly shield removal videos" for removing it if you want to remove it yourself. I watched them and followed his instructions to a "T" and it worked. Good Luck hope he can help you if you decide to go that route.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"