Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bed cover for F350 with fifth wheel hitch

speediq99
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a bed cover that will work on an F350 SRW crew cab with a 5th wheel hitch and a diesel bed mounted expansion fuel tank. Considering any fuel tanks at the moment that will work with any bed covers. I just want stuff out of sight when 5th wheel is not attached.

I have used soft tonneau covers before and they are OK. They just shake around a lot but this may be the only option.

MC
25 REPLIES 25

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
We put a TruXedo TruXport Soft, Roll-Up Tonneau Cover on our Dodge a couple years ago. Bought it to move furniture and other items to our son in Georgia. It stays on the truck all of the time now. It's nice to go get plywood or sheet rock and not have to worry about something blowing out or getting wet.
When it's time go camping we roll it up, drop in the hitch and hook up the camper. It's also nice to be able to keep the firewood and hitch dry when camping if rain is in on the way.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"DEPENDS" on the cover. Not sure the brand but friends new to them 2019 RAM long bed came with a cover that folds towards the cab. When folded the two back corners have metal brackets that stick up at least 5". I told them they should sell it as when they take a sharp turn and the RV twists the bottom of the front cap will be opened like a Tuna Can.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

markandkim
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go gooseneck and never worry about it again.
Retired Navy

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7L
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
GottaRunGottaCamp wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
corvettekent wrote:
I would recommend not using a bed cover.

100% agree!!!

X2, I have a Bakflip folding cover and it makes it very difficult to hook up a fifth wheel

Sorry to disagree, but when not pulling the 5er the bed is storage for several items that I don’t want wet. The dog gets the whole back seat. We have a roll up cover and locking TG, out of site works very well.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
My Pace-Edwards rolls right over the hitch on my 3500 long-bed.

P.S. And locks in any position.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a tri fold soft cover with a metal frame. Love it!
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
But more importantly, it locks. Out of sight, out of mind when it comes to thief's .

Same here.

Want it covered and locked when loaded with:

2 Honda 2000's.

Fuel

Wheel Chocks, Blocking.

Behind 5th wheel hitch pull out tool box.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
I have a retrax and as someone mentioned it is the canister style. Works for me as I don't have an Aux. fuel tank. Mine is the alluminum one and love it despite the price tag. I previously had the regular retrax and it was also good and before that a PAce edwards. I like the roll style . Low and out of the view and still lockable.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Extang tri-fold hard cover for my 8 ft. bed, ATI 46 gallon tank, hitch, and Bed-Rug liner. Cover folds to the front in three sections leaving the front third of the bed pretty much dry when towing. I can't see my hitch when hooking up, but I have work arounds. I've had the cover 7 years and have been very pleased with it. If backing tight on uneven terrain, the fiver will get close to kissing the cover. When this happens I can take a minute and raise my hitch a couple of inches.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
EgorKC wrote:
We have a Truxedo soft rollup on our F350 Crew Cab SRW diesel. No extra tank. Cover is 13 years old and still works great.
Greg

Same cover I have , and the same I had on my previous Ford Superduty . Also the same my son has on his Ram trucks .

Gener8s1
Explorer
Explorer
I use a backflip2 on my GMC. Hides the hitch keeps it out of the weather when not towing. Covers my 50gal aux fuel tank. And keeps **** in on the highway. I lost a little cover for the rail, contacted them as it wasn’t on website, sent a whole parts pac N/c

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
I have a BakFlip Revolver X2 that is now on it's second truck. I can see over it when it is rolled up against the window so it would not be a problem seeing a conventional hitch. I now have a Reese Goose Box and use my cab mounted camera to line it up as I cannot see it because the ball sits too low. My previous truck had a conventional hitch and I could see it.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

EgorKC
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Truxedo soft rollup on our F350 Crew Cab SRW diesel. No extra tank. Cover is 13 years old and still works great.
Greg
You cannot stop growing old but you don't have to grow up. 🙂
Chef/Pilot
DW/Navigator
2 Sons, 1 DIL, 3 Grandsons, 1 Granddaughter. Boz the cat:)
2012 F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke 4X4 SWD Crewcab.
2012 Wildcat 313RE-OK

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I have a Pace Edwards hard roll type tonneau cover on my F350 SRW long bed crew cab. Easy to see my hitch thru the back window. And locks for security when not towing. But the canister would be an issue with tool box or aux fuel tank.