cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fraserway RV Abbotsford - Massive fire, 100's of RVs

As if the BC Fraser Valley doesn't have enough to contend with due to the massive flooding disaster, I just saw a news report that there is a huge fire burning at an RV facility in Abbotsford.

Watching the fire video, this appears to be Fraserway RV, which is just off the Hwy 1 in the badly flooded Sumas area.

Hundreds of new RVs stored there and many of them have been totally consumed by fire.

The roads are so badly flooded that fire trucks cannot reach the area.
Wow, this is brutal...:(:(

Massive RV FIre
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com
25 REPLIES 25

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
blofgren wrote:
It appears that the lot flooded originally; it is on a flood plain so likely no flood insurance.

But they likely had fire insurance........

maybe they didnt have overlan flood insurance but did have fire insurance....:B
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Sure hope they had fire insurance.
On a flood plain, yes. Looking at the first video, it appeared they were just high enough to be above the nearby water. Not 100% sure on that one though.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
It appears that the lot flooded originally; it is on a flood plain so likely no flood insurance.

But they likely had fire insurance........
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
my 2 oldest boys and their families were on their way home from a vist up with us and got stranded behind the slides on their way back home.they had to backtrack 3 hours back to our lakehouse and hunker down with us till they opened hwy 3 on saturday.they just missed getting trapped between the slide and the flood.i got to spend alot of quality time with my 4 year old granddaughter.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Private helicopters taking food to people running out of food near Hope, bringing people back.

Helicopter pilot & YouTuber's Aerial footage.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW that is really horrific,Not only the loss but the effect it will have on next seasons camping for those who prefer to rent a RV.

Also a trickle down effect on the used Former Rental sales,that get more people into the RV lifestyle.

Tragic all around.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:
What a sickening, tragic thing to have happen.
Thanks for the video link J Herb. That is just awful. I can't believe the severity of the fire, and also the flooding there too.

I found the links at another site and thought I would post it here,
I hope that no one got hurt,roads and RVs can be replaced.
J herb

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sad to see a biz go up in flames, but it does remind me of a story of 2 retired gents at a bar--

First one asks, "so you retired?"

The second one says, "Yeah, sorta--a nasty fire destroyed my business and decided to retire with all the dough we got from the insurance company."

The first one says, "Yeah me too, except a flood wiped my business right off the map and the insurance settlement offered was about twice the value of my business. Hard to say no."

After several moments of silence, the first one asks, "so, how do you start a flood?"
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
We saw the smoke plume from 60 miles south of the border, pretty crazy with all the water we have everywhere.

What a sickening, tragic thing to have happen.
Thanks for the video link J Herb. That is just awful. I can't believe the severity of the fire, and also the flooding there too.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
40 firefighters finaly got there in the afternoon and got the fires under control, still lost an estamated 200 units from what the news was saying last night.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Thatโ€™s all Iโ€™ve got!

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
If insurance doesn't come through in a big way no-one can survive the loss. Awful in any case.

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
i'm waiting delivery of my Cougar from fraserway.i ordered it at the end of september so i doubt mine is in that mess.i hope.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat