cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The more the merrier...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
We invited our friends to come over and stay at our new home in Payson Arizona with their motorhome, a Winnebago 40' DP. They also tow their Rzr on a a nice aluminum trailer which brings them in at nearly 60'. By unloading the Rzr and disconnecting the trailer which we then just rolled into the front yard we had room for the coach in our south driveway.

Here is their "site" in our front yard:

II is nice to catch up with some quality friends time after the not seeing g each other much over the last year and half {Thanks Covid}. Tom and I go back 56 years and our daughter, now 50, was a flower girl in their wedding. They will be here for a couple of weeks and Tom and I will be Rzr riding probably every day as there are hundreds of miles of trails right out of our driveway.

In California you can't ride an ATV/UTV on any public streets. We went down to the local DMV the day he arrived, walked into an empty office and ten minutes and $35 later he walked out with his Rzr Arizona registered for both on and off highway use and a paper plate with the real one coming in the mail.

He was having an issue with his new water heater, no function on the electrical side so I called my independent RV/ASE certified mechanic {Carl Shirley 928 951-3500} for a house call. An hour later Carl was at Tom's coach and quickly diagnosed a wiring issue. He'll be back on Monday to complete the repair.

We will be having too much fun and next Tuesday our friends from Angel Fire will be stopping by on their way home from San Diego for 3 nights to include a big Thanksgiving dinner. The jacuzzi is hot and the weather, while cooling somewhat remains pleasant with highs in the 60's and lows in the upper 30's. It is nice to have the room to accommodate everyone and all of their toys. Film at eleven!

Here are the Rzr's staged in the north driveway:

:C
8 REPLIES 8

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's beautiful! I can't wait to get back to Arizona. Our cross country trip is a little less than 5 years away!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
^^ sweet pic! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks one and all for the kind words...

Here is a pic I took yesterday around the middle of our 35 mile, 2.5 hour ride. That's the East Verde River winding down the mountain, the fall colors re really starting to peak:

:B

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thanks for sharing DC. Livin the life! Best to all of ya and keeper rubber side down in the buggies!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dedmiston
I'm definitely jealous.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
We both have our Rzrโ€™s equipped to be fully street legal. This gets us legal riding in a lot of other riding locationsโ€ฆ can you say โ€œMoab?โ€

The riding here in Payson usually involves a few miles of streets or we just haul the buggies on our trailers for any outlying rides.

:C

dedmiston
I can't tell from the photo if he's got the stock Big Horn tires from the factory, but the pavement will eat those up.

Or maybe I'm just jealous. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
It's nice he got AZ street plates. That's one of 5 things required for an OHV to be street legal in Arizona. The others: mirrors, horn, lighted license plate, and most importantly, full liability insurance just like a car or motorcycle.