19 REPLIES 19

Ray_IN
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Horrible freight has put one on sale for Black Friday
Small comp
OK, now let the haters begin.

I have one I bought at Harbor Freight about 11 years ago. It served me well when we traveled in a 5er, but being an impatient guy I couldn't wait for it to add air to my 22.5" tires; so I bought a 150psi pancake compressor to carry in the MH.
I still use the 12V HF 150psi compressor for my other vehicles and farm equipment though.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom pushed by a 2013 Chevy Silverado K1500 And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Project Farm on YouTube tested a smaller version of this compressor along with a whole bunch of others, and it came out 3rd of nine that were tested. He actually liked it alot.

Project Farm Youtube test of small compressors

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dtank wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
Small comp

If you hate Harbor Freight so bad why do you bother with sales ad's?

How do you come to the conclusion the original poster "hates Harbor Freight"..:h

Probably because he called it "Horrible Freight" in his post.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
Small comp

How do you come to the conclusion the original poster "hates Harbor Freight"..:h

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
bucky wrote:
Lantley wrote:

The above dewalt inflator is a real game changer. Its self contained no need to plug in or connect to battery. I am able to inflate my 5th wheel tires wqithout being tied to an extension cord or battery.
It is able to inflate my 110 PSI Sailun G rated tires.
Yes more expensive than the El Cheapo models but it is also more capable. I own this model and can verify it works well.

DEWALT DCC020IB 20-Volt MAX Corded/Cordless Air Inflator can run on any 1 of 3 power sources for maximum versatility: 20-Volt maximum battery, 12-Volt DC or 110-Volt AC.

There is no cord attached,what you are seeing is an air hose.
I have a few Dewalt 20 volt batteries, A full 5 amp battery will top off all 4 of my 110 PSI tires.
However if a battery were to fail you simply put in another one just like any cordless tool.

How long does the battery last? I see cords attached, so much for no need to plug in.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a truck camper so I do not have a lot of space. I certainly don't want a big compressor that is likely to be used only once or twice a year.

So far I have gotten by with a small Slime brand compressor that looks similar but is smaller than the one shown from Harbor Freight. I forget the specs but it will pump a tire up over 100 psi....given enough time. If it finally dies, I can get a replacement at Walmart. So far after 10 years of use, the only issue is the inaccurate pressure gauge and the relatively low output.

My Slime unit is powered though the cigarette lighter and I don't need to worry about connecting to the battery or having enough wire to reach from the battery to the back tires. I have a 12v socket that is much closer to the rear tires.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lantley wrote:

The above dewalt inflator is a real game changer. Its self contained no need to plug in or connect to battery. I am able to inflate my 5th wheel tires wqithout being tied to an extension cord or battery.
Yes more expensive than the El Cheapo models but it is also more capable. I own this model and can verify it works well.

DEWALT DCC020IB 20-Volt MAX Corded/Cordless Air Inflator can run on any 1 of 3 power sources for maximum versatility: 20-Volt maximum battery, 12-Volt DC or 110-Volt AC.

How long does the battery last? I see cords attached, so much for no need to plug in.
Puma 30RKSS

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Small comp
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
Esacnj wrote:
Looks like Viair

x2 I have the Viair version, looks the same

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting and the reviews.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Esacnj wrote:
Looks like Viair

Yup. And the non sale price is actually fairly close to Viair price.
That one is slightly less cfm than the viair I bought this year for about $75. Seems comparable. Maybe even the same with a different label? Maybe a knockoff.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Esacnj
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like Viair
Esacnj

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I almost bought that one. But since thw new truck has a inverter and 110 outlet. I went with a small plug in 3 gal pancake compressor. Only good for 100 psi, but works well and fast.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide