cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camera/tire monitoring combo??

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Has anyone seen a combo tire monitor/rv camera system?
There are hundreds of individual systems, but it seems like a combo would be nice to only have the one screen in the cab, and would be easy to do.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up
5 REPLIES 5

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Android tablet with an OTG adapter and USB hub. My backup camera control unit, dash cam, an older android phone used for storage and apps, and my aftermarket engine monitor all connect to the hub that connects to the tablet. My TPMS and refrigerator temp sensor are all Bluetooth connected to that tablet. The mapping, travel planning, and all the other needs apps are on the tablet.

Basically I created a central display and controller on the dash. It's customizable as to what I see and how. I can switch to various other displays with a touch of the screen. For the most part, I keep a split display the backup cameras and current travel map. All others are just icons along the edge. If I need to see something else, just press the icon to popup that Info and press again to bring back the main screen. I do have it so that if an attention issue occurs (like the TPMS alarm) the icon flashes red. And yes, the sounds are on so all alarm/alerts are heard.

One word of caution, make sure the tablet is large enough to create a readable experience, the you keep the in-use display other icons to a minimum so you're not clogging or squishing the needed display from excess icons or displays, the USB connected devices need to be non-usb powered as the tablet just can't support those power hog devices, and that the tablet itself can take the traveling environment.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford OEM ๐Ÿ™‚

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
I would expect the market for such a device would be so small it would not be worth it to a manufacturer to develop and promote it.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
My tire monitoring system is a TST TPMS, no need to watch unless the alarm goes off, in fact it's distracting to watch as it rotates through the tires. My rear camera is occasionally used to check the toad or for lane switching.

I wouldn't want a combined unit.

GPS is another useful display device as well as engine monitoring displays.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I think the challenge is that these systems are completely independent of each other and manufactured by completely different companies. Perhaps there is a TPMS that will work with an app that you can cast to a head unit display.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS