cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can I submit my own warranty claim?

blaczero
Explorer
Explorer
Forest River Rockwood travel trailer. My warranty runs out on the 1st of Dec and no time to get it to a dealer. Is there a way to submit this myself?
11 REPLIES 11

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I dealt with FR directly to use a dealer that did not deal in my particular FW. They were a FR dealer, just not my line. Anyway, I found them super responsive and great communicators. Excellent warranty service. If you have an issue though it may need to be validated by a dealer before they accept the claim. Maybe you can provide pictures, but usually they like someone on the ground verifying it. Any company would do this.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
FR again. The week after I picked my new Heritage Glen up I drove to Texas for the remainder of the winter. After returning home and living in it for 3 months while we were having some work done in our home I took it back to the dealer and gave them a list of 18 concerns, problems and or issues I had with it. FR approved 16 of the issues and they have been resolved to my satisfaction. On the two issues they didn't approve it could have been something we did and I understand their view point. Both issues were very minor.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
If anybody has ever gotten a call to FR answered or returned please share it with us. One during the pandemic gets double points.

I bought a new FR in Feb of this year and had 3 different issues/concerns while on the road and they returned my calls all 3 times.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
If anybody has ever gotten a call to FR answered or returned please share it with us. One during the pandemic gets double points.
Puma 30RKSS

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a mobile rv tech do a repair for me once and he filed the claim with manufacturer.
Call one and ask if he can do that for you but your almost out of time.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
No. Even if you could, youโ€™re not a dealer (to get paid) and profiting from a warranty claim is a form of fraud. You just donโ€™t want to go there.

If, however, you have legitimate repairs needed and you call them in advance and they agree to it you can usually DIY it and they will reimburse you for the parts.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes take pictures and give the best explanation possible. Explain the dealer situation with contact information. Include the VIN, date of purchase and any other documentation available. They may recommend a different dealer.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
Most companies will not quibble over a few days. However, if the issue has not been documented by a service company within a reasonable time it will be iffy. Somebody just telling them they have a problem usually won't get you very far.
It never hurts to call anyway.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Call Forest River and explain then follow up in an email so you have proof you contacted them. If the issue occurred within the warranty period I think it would be covered, regardless of when the repair gets done. I would submit as much documentation as possible such as pictures, etc.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Not likely. You have a week or less.

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Call Forest River