cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up camera trouble

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Back up camera stopped working. Had the camera checked out by RV Cams and it appears to be working. Tech said I should look at the controller? The radio/dvd/cd and back up camera unit was replaced not to long ago.

We have a 2015 Winnebago Vista. Any ideas on where the controller might be found? Under the dash?
3 REPLIES 3

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
There is a 3-way controller on my rig. One video display (now JVC), with two side cameras and one back-up camera. The 3 to 1 controller is a white plastic gizmo under the video head, with a 12v power input, three video in, one out.
HTH
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
My rear camera would stop working and intermittingly work for a bit and then stop again. Dealer first replaced wiring harness which seemed like a good start. I swore it was a bad ground. No joy. Same symptoms. Then they replaced screen in the dash. I didn't figure that was the issue...nope, same issue. Finally just replaced camera, and that fixed it. unsure if this is typical or what model camera it is. This is a 2018 Tiffin Allegro RED coach.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever my camera stops working it's because the radio/display switch to 'see' the camera is off. That happens if the batteries are disconnected for any reason.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman