cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Huron National Forest Dispersed Camping?

Dave_Velky
Explorer
Explorer
Hey. We have purchased our first RV. We r full-time retirees (couple). Our rig is a class A motorhome (Fleetwood Flair 2002). We are considering boondocking in the Huron National Forest. Do any of you have experience there? Any thoughts on boondocking with a 34 ft rv?
Dave Velky
Lincoln Park, Michigan
2002 Flair 33R
5 REPLIES 5

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to post in the boondocking forum.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Seeing as the Huron Manistee National Forest is more than 437,000 acres, undoubtedly some of it is suitable, most of it probably not. It is probably safe to say none of it will be suitable for fulltiming in the winter in a fleetwood flair.

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
If possible do a day trip in a car and check it out before trying to drive the RV into a road that you may regret

X2. Many of the forest roads in the Huron-Manistee National Forest are extremely rutted and narrow.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
If possible do a day trip in a car and check it out before trying to drive the RV into a road that you may regret
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Never been there, but you may find these helpful. The maps will show what areas are open to dispersed camping. mvums
This video will give some tips on using them.
you tube