KOA installing EV chargers
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS
49 REPLIES 49

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:

Oh Brother next your going to complain about the CG swimming pool you don't swim in:).

Good one!
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
WHY should I subsidize someones driving choice.

Said the guy on a horse while a freeway went up near him.
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle.S wrote:
Just like paying School taxes even if you don't have kids, everybody pays.

Exactly. I can't remember the last time I used a nuclear submarine.
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Michelle.S wrote:
I think we're all going to pay for this stuff even if we never use it. Just like paying School taxes even if you don't have kids, everybody pays.

Have been short on paying for education for a long time. Most of the world, if they can afford to, are more worried about passing on a planet that can't be enjoyed than passing on public debt.

dedmiston
I'm sure everyone is just as tired of threads getting shut down as I am. Can we keep the politics and the vitriol out of this discussion?

And for Pete's sake, don't forget that Santa is watching y'all!

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Cummins12V98 wrote:
propchef wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:
I hope the costs are not passed on to all sites. I'd hate to pay a higher camping fee to pay for the EV chargers I am not using.

You already are. BurgerMaster drive-in in WA offers free plug in if driving up to eat. WHY should I subsidize someones driving choice.

You're free to eat elsewhere. We've had "free" wifi in restaurants and other places forever, do you also avoid those places so you're not paying for someone else to use the wifi?

The draw on an EV is minimal, information that is easily available. A 2-AC TT or 5er will pull MUCH more. Why should I "subsidize" someone who sets up in a campground, only to stay inside with the AC on watching TV?

MOST charging stations need an account of some kind to access. If the campground offers it as an amenity, like wifi and 50 amp service, that's the owners choice. It's your choice whether or not to stay there.

Just a bit of a difference!!! WiFi is there for everyone to use. I sure as HE!! can't fill my Diesel truck with power at the Burger Joint.

Oh Brother next your going to complain about the CG swimming pool you don't swim in:).
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
propchef wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:
I hope the costs are not passed on to all sites. I'd hate to pay a higher camping fee to pay for the EV chargers I am not using.

You already are. BurgerMaster drive-in in WA offers free plug in if driving up to eat. WHY should I subsidize someones driving choice.

You're free to eat elsewhere. We've had "free" wifi in restaurants and other places forever, do you also avoid those places so you're not paying for someone else to use the wifi?

The draw on an EV is minimal, information that is easily available. A 2-AC TT or 5er will pull MUCH more. Why should I "subsidize" someone who sets up in a campground, only to stay inside with the AC on watching TV?

MOST charging stations need an account of some kind to access. If the campground offers it as an amenity, like wifi and 50 amp service, that's the owners choice. It's your choice whether or not to stay there.

Just a bit of a difference!!! WiFi is there for everyone to use. I sure as HE!! can't fill my Diesel truck with power at the Burger Joint.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
propchef wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Impossible according to many many posts right here on RV.net claiming a small substation would need to be installed near each campground.
Or maybe this stuff is not all that difficult?

Or maybe they are using govt funding to install the substation.

Lots of money being thrown around with the new infrastructure bill.

What? lol

OK, I'll spell it out for you.

New Infrastructure Bill includes $7.5 Billion (with a "B") for EV charging infrastructure.

KOA is a large corporation with lobbyists, lawyers, other staff to facilitate capturing a nice chunk of that money.

Existing campgrounds tend to have substandard electrical systems because most were built back in the days when RVs were 15 or 30amp @120v and now a large percentage of RVs are 50amp @ 240v. This gives them a way to capture govt money to upgrade their electrical system.

Of course, nominally it's for EV chargers but by default, they will wind up with an improved system for the RVs.

No need to spell anything out, but thank you for your response. All of this is correct. I was questioning the tossing money around comment.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
What does this have to do with the role of the Federal Government???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
1320Fastback wrote:

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think we're all going to pay for this stuff even if we never use it. Just like paying School taxes even if you don't have kids, everybody pays.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
The government has subsidized game changing infrastructure since the beginning of time. Highways,bridges,tunnels,airports,broadband have all been jump started with gov't money.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide