Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 2003 Lance 845 rear bumper damaged
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2003 Lance 845 rear bumper damaged

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
richd44

Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/21 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was hoping someone hear may have experience removing a Lance 845 rear bumper. I backed into a dumpster and now need to repair my bumper. Any help in how to start would be appreciated.

routeforty

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/21 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it were me I would probably start with some phone calls. One might be to Outdoor Express, Falling Waters, VA. I had a Lance a few years ago and talked to a Lance factory rep and he called Outdoor express Lance's east coast body shop. Possibly The Truck Camper warehouse in New Hampshire. Or even call the Lance factory in California. I think there's a Lance owners forum, which you could link from Lance's homepage. Maybe ask on that forum. I'd try some of these-maybe you can get a direction to start. Also if you could post some pictures and we could see the damage you might get some advice. Gary

2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

joerg68

St. Ingbert, Germany

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/21 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pictures would be useful. If you do not know how to post pictures, you can try this link http://photoposting.is-great.net and follow instructions there.

I am not familiar with the 845, but I worked on some wood rot in the back of my 915 in 2009. So maybe my experience has some value for you. Here is a picture:
[image]

What I found at the time was that I would have needed to remove the gray water tank in order to remove the rear bumper. The tank was held up by straps, so that would have been easy. But I would have needed to cut and reconnect the inlet/outlet pipes. Removal of the bumper itself would have been simple after that, just remove a number of bolts. Eventually I left it in place and worked around it. Again, that was a 915, not an 845.

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/21 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a Lance but removing our bumper would be quite involved.
Doubtful this will help, but on off chance similar how ours is attached.
Bumper is bolted at both ends and across top to under side of floor.

Top of bumper has flange across, and ends that fold back along sides of camper rear wings.
I have some wiring going thru, lower jack brackets and muffler bracket that went thru side.
Trim on rear wall that would need to be removed

Top flange
[image]

[image]

Looking up from underneath at rear top flange bolted to floor/frame, several bolts
[image]

On ours rear holding tank cover would need removal for access
[image]

This was taken while doing right rear wing wall repairs but shows bumper side wings
[image]
And from behind (after repairs)
[image]

Again while doing other repairs but shows left bumper side behind camper wall.
[image]

How similar your is, if at all, I don't know. Other than removal of our tank cover to expose, believe I could access all the bolts. Need to securely support while unbolting. What I'd need to look at, not having removed, is if any interbolting/ of rear holding tank. Its close and might be some interferance or shared bolting.

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> 2003 Lance 845 rear bumper damaged
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.