Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford Pass app

Dozer
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
Has anyone bought a new Ford truck recently? The dealer I got mine from was really pushing the Ford Pass app. To me it seems just like a data mining app. Why does Ford want to know where I'm going?

All thoughts and opinions welcome!

Thanks,
Dozer
10 REPLIES 10

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Recently purchased a new Buick Enclave Avenir. They have a My Buick app that unlocks all of that same fancy stuff you have been talking of. First vehicle we purchased in almost 20 years, darn tooting Iโ€™m going use it.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
Dozer wrote:
Hello all,
Has anyone bought a new Ford truck recently? The dealer I got mine from was really pushing the Ford Pass app. To me it seems just like a data mining app. Why does Ford want to know where I'm going?

All thoughts and opinions welcome!

Thanks,
Dozer

I have a '19 F150. Whether or not you use the app the Ford vehicles that can connect to the app have a built-in modem which sends info to Ford. It's designed for tracking fleet vehicles but if the price is right, I bet the information will be sold to the highest bidder.

I don't worry about them tracking me, my cell phone always knows where I'm at, in fact it tells merchants how long I look at their stuff. (Lookup Home Depot tracking)
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I have the Ford Pass App and it's OK. Not sure what sort of data mining you are afraid of, but there's no personal data on it. It collects data on the truck. I like the feature of being able to remote start it, and unlock it if you lock your keys in it. I also like that it can display where the truck is on a map. Came in handy on a trip to Savanah last week where we parked on a side street and toured the town. Made it easy to navigate back to the truck. Would also be helpful in tracking it down if it were ever stolen. I am sure most modern vehicles have a tracking and monitoring device now. I am no criminal and no need to hide where I am, so I am certain Ford couldn't care less about what I am doing other than collect information to design even better trucks. If you don't want your data mined, get rid of your smart phone.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

We really love our Ford Pass App... Able to start the truck while in the airport to warm up...able to see exactly where the vehicle is if your kid ( or stolen ) .. able to see a lot of info...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Dozer
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I'm just an oldie that still resents any type of Big Brother looking over my shoulder, thanks for all the replies.

Dozer

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
My cash is not tracked. ๐Ÿ˜„

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nowadays everything is tracked. But many people do it to themselves, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram are popular.
They are the first to whine about being tracked by the 'government.'
I always get a good laugh about the people who don't get vaccinated because of the tracking chips that are injected into you.
They actually believe it.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
People are always afraid of Tracking stuff... I mean "They put tracking chips in the vaccine" (No. they do not and even if they did they would not work).

You are tracked constantly... the Phone is tracked, Your credit cards. Modern cars (On Guard in the case of Ford) and more.. Everywhere you go a person in the know can find you.... True story:

Got a BOL (Be On Lookout what Hollywerid means when they say "All Points Bulletin) (All points is every police agancy in North america and Interpol, BOL is regional) for a Stolen Cadillac Escalade.. Read it a couple of times, spoke with my Sgt. Sent the entering agency a message that included a phone number... The entering agency called On Star (GM's answer to On Guard or is it the other way around) and 15 minutes later Troopers were on their way to the Vehicle to recover it.

Now days even Chevy's come with On-Star and I assume fords with On Guard.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, got a 2021 F150.

The Ford Pass app on my phone remote starts the truck... which is all that I really want it for. It can also track your truck using GPS, can unlock or lock doors, and some other stuff.

And yes, Ford makes it very clear that using it allows them to know what I am doing. In this age of smart phones, it doesn't really bother me - I just assume I am being tracked by pretty much everyone.

Mine was "free", and supposedly will stay that way.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new Bronco Sport and added Ford Pass my phone. Iโ€™m sure it is all about the data but I weighed the pros and cons and decided there was little data about my car that wasnโ€™t already being collected and made available (at least for me as a Massachusetts resident). So far itโ€™s made using the Ford Pass points easier and this morning, as we finally dropped to the low 30โ€™s, it informed me that my tires all need air! I added my wifeโ€™s Explorer and it notified me she had a recall, but I didnโ€™t enable it in Sync (not sure thatโ€™s available on her 2018 version).

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36