cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Champion Generator

For those of you looking to buy a 2000 watt small inverter generator, tractor supply is having a cyber Monday sale all week. The 2000 watt is on sale for I believe $469

Tractor Supply
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
21 REPLIES 21

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I bought two 4650 watt Champions this summer from Home Depot. Maybe $7xx? each. Both had issues but resolved at a nearby lawnmower shop under warranty.
I will say making initial contact for warranty took several days, but once started it worked out OK.
They are very quiet. Neighbors at Kansas Speedway were impressed. I ran them in the bed of my truck.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Bob_E_
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Bob E. wrote:
but you can count me as one of them.
Of course, I'm not saying 'nobody' does, it just seems quite rare compared to the number of people on here who want a generator to run their air. Then again, perhaps I only run into people with generators that aren't capable of running air.

The most generator use I see is fixing dinner and watching TV! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah...we weren't boondocking so we probably aren't the best example. If I were boondocking, I probably wouldn't use it for AC unless it got really hot...but then I probably wouldn't be boondocking. ๐Ÿ™‚

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Bob E. wrote:
but you can count me as one of them.
Of course, I'm not saying 'nobody' does, it just seems quite rare compared to the number of people on here who want a generator to run their air. And it does take a lot of expensive gas, it's messy, and a bit of work.

Then again, perhaps I only run into people with generators that aren't capable of running air. The most generator use I see is fixing dinner and watching TV! ๐Ÿ™‚
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bob_E_
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
A bit off topic, but in all my 15 years of boondocking I can count on less than one hand the number of RVers running air from a portable generator, even in 90+ weather.

Not sure how many extra fingers you have, but you can count me as one of them. I have a HF Predator 3500 that I bought this summer when the campground we were staying at lost power. The power company said power may not come on for 2-3 days and it was nearly 100 degrees in the day time. So I found a Harbor Freight and ran out to buy one mainly so I didn't lose everything in my fridge (residential fridge). Anyways, that 3500 ran the AC easily. But if I remember right, we were pulling close to 1700-1800 watts with the AC and other misc items. So a 2000 watt genny likely wouldn't cut it. ๐Ÿ™‚

As a side note, the campground (Jellystone in Natural Bridge, VA) refunded us 50% of our fees for the entire week even though power ended up only being off for about 24 hours. So that helped pay for the generator.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Lightning55 wrote:
Remote control electric starter and enough power to run our AC unit.
A bit off topic, but in all my 15 years of boondocking I can count on less than one hand the number of RVers running air from a portable generator, even in 90+ weather.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lightning55
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a Champion 3100 and although a little bigger and a bit more expensive, it's a great value for what you get. Remote control electric starter and enough power to run our AC unit. Very quiet, reliable and easy to move with the wheels on the front. I'll admit it's a little heavy though.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Champion has great customer service, and many places for repair, if ever needed. Now add in the great price, and what's not to like?

I do wish my 2K 100565 would have 3,500W, but stay the same weight, size, and shape. I know...the more you get, the more you want!

Jerry

markandkim
Explorer II
Explorer II
Champion will help you even for 20 year old machines.
They are that good.
Retired Navy

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7L
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had very good service with a Champion 3000 inverter generator for many years. Cheers

Explorer II
Explorer II
The Champion 2500 dual fuel is $506 on Amazon
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
The one in the OP's link is dual fuel 2000W starting/1700W running on gasoline and 2000W starting/1530W running on propane.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I love my Champion 2000i. I only have a couple of hundred hours on it but it runs great. I had a warranty issue due to my fault and they covered everything without a question. Mine is straight gasoline only, not propane/gas.
We used it to top our batteries off at 9000 ft and it had plenty of power at that altitude. I actually had to pull the starter cord twice at 9000 ft which was unusual.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one a year ago and had a coupon for 20% off plus it was on sale for $429. I could not pass it by. Runs great and powers everything I need. Great little generator.
al

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Love my Champion 4500/3500 pull start. 2 easy pulls - one on choke, one on start - and away she goes, even in this colder wet weather we have been having.

It will run anything I have thrown at it so far in my 5er and in my remote shop, but don't know about a second a/c.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)