cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat tow toad brake and tow bar recommendations

C_Class_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, just purchased a 2022 Jayco 27U Class C. First thought, thinking of purchasing a 2021 F150 to tow. The weight of the truck is 5100 pounds. My C ‘s tow capacity is 7500 pounds per the numbers. I’ve owned a Class A and towed a Jeep with it. I didn’t know the Jeep was there with a 42 foot Tiffin. Second though is I definitely need dependable brakes for the f150. Please reply with your thoughts.
10 REPLIES 10

cvk
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for NSA ready brake. Over 4000 miles towing my Jeep Liberty behind our 33’ Class C

Remmag
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for NSA Ready Brute Elite.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
olfarmer wrote:
I really like my Ready Brake, it is simple and dependable. It is a surge brake and uses the towed vehicles brake system. You can google it and read about it.

I used that with my Wrangler and it worked really well. It's a simple idea and is easy to maintain. If you decided to change tow vehicles it's easy to set up another toad with the cable system and leave it on the other one.

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
brake buddy why because you can change your car or truck out very easy when needed. had my for years that's what I did.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I really like my Ready Brake, it is simple and dependable. It is a surge brake and uses the towed vehicles brake system. You can google it and read about it.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
Well since he asked about flat tow, take a look at NSA Ready Brute Elite. Tow bar and brake system in one easy package. You’ll need a base plate but I think they have one and/or hook up to most major base plate makers. I have no clue what Ford says about flat tow / recreational tow of a F150. .

Here is the answer!

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Dusty R wrote:
You could use a Tow-Dolly with breaks, surge or electric.

If he dolly tows an F150, the only thing that "breaks" is his truck. The 4WD model can be towed four down.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Ox for me. Base Plate, towbar, wiring, cables, and Patriot II towed automatic braking system. Not an easy DIY for me, I had it installed.
4 years, no problems pulling a 4500lb Wrangler.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well since he asked about flat tow, take a look at NSA Ready Brute Elite. Tow bar and brake system in one easy package. You’ll need a base plate but I think they have one and/or hook up to most major base plate makers. I have no clue what Ford says about flat tow / recreational tow of a F150. .
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
You could use a Tow-Dolly with breaks, surge or electric.