cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good replacement shower valve?

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I have replaced my shower head with an oxygenics - jury (DW) still out on whether it's a keeper - but the valve/fixture for the shower develops a dribble occasionally. It's the standard single handle, plastic painted to look like metal and seems rather flimsy so no surprise it doesn't want to seal very well. Looking for a decent replacement - obviously with the hose attachment for the shower head. Not sure if I care if it's one handle or two. Not looking for a bargain but I am looking for quality. Appreciate any suggestions.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might need to make a few adaptions to use this one but... (And there are others you might not) this is a 2-hole mount You may wish to turn it upside down. and you may or not need to cross the hot and cold lines you night also wish to add a vacuum breaker (Any RV store should have one in the proper size.. 1/2") but.. It has a significant advantage.

It was widely discussed in these forums a few years back.

Thermostatic valve on Amazon

It does the best it can to deliver a consistent shower temperature so long as you don't run out of hot water.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
The lack of responses probably confirms what I suspected. There is no such thing as a high quality RV shower valve. From the searches I've done it seems like there are only a handful of choices. And a residential unit would require a good bit of retro fitting. What do they put in high end units like Prevosts? Are they residential? I guess installing one while building is much easier than retrofitting.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I usually went to CW to look at shower or sink faucets, they have a decent selection although pricing is a bit higher than online sources. Amazon of course has them much cheaper, but I wanted to see them in person before ordering, then read the reviews to determine which to buy. For our galley faucet we installed a residential kitchen faucet from Amazon, much better than stock and sprayer flow was significantly stronger. Unfortunately, RV shower faucet quality is a fraction of residential versions, we've been pretty lucky overall only having to replace leaking shower faucets twice on various rigs over 3 decades of RVing.