Explorer
going to replace my queen size mattress what does everybody like
9 REPLIES 9

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
jdc1 wrote:
This one.

The wife likes it...so, I guess I do too.

That looks like a good one. My aunt is asking for a recommendation as well for their new RV. I will help them install the cabinet and accessories after it returns from tire mounting and balancing.

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
my mattress is a standard queen 80 by 60 has anybody bought one from brooklyn mattress

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
If you are in TX, Texas Mattress Makers will make any size and shape mattress you like. Denver Mattress will do the same, I understand. We measured and drew the curves at the end of ours and Texas Mattress had ours done in about 10 days.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Any upholstery shop can make you a mattress according to your specs. You can pick the type of foam that you want, cover material, layers of foam, etc. We had them put a zipper on the cover so that it could be washed occasionally. The cost will be about 1/2 of what a mattress specialty store will charge you.

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
The Denver mattress in our Winnie hit the dumpster two days after we bought our ring in 2018. We went on line and bought a 10" hybrid RV queen mattress in a box and a 2" gel foam topper. Wow, what a difference. We also bought deep-pocket sheet sets (2). We bought online from Wayfair.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.mattressinsider.com/

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
This one.

The wife likes it...so, I guess I do too.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a full size queen (60x80) that's easy. Any place that sells mattresses, does NOT have to say RV. If it's a short queen (60x75), you may have to shop around a bit more, maybe a mattress specialty shop.
More importantly is getting one that your body (and DW) are comfortable with.
Personally I like a very firm mattress, but after back surgery, my back prefers something a bit softer and conforming. I think that the 3 inch memory foam topper is for me. Checking out at home before duplicating in MH.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
3" memory foam over 4"foam, cut to size
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman