cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

6 year old tires

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
Had a blowout on my inner duel on driver side that took out a lot of wiring and wet bay. Not to say what happened to the wheel well area. The tires I could see looked good with only twenty thousand miles on them. Bad day on the road! No warning on the TPM..
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK
4 REPLIES 4

dedmiston
With a triple axle, our rears tires scrub so badly that they don't last long at all. I replace the rears every year or so (closer to 10-11 months) and then rotate everything back one position. So with the rotation, our tires last about 2.5-3 years before they're rotated out.

It's the price we pay for towing a huge pig of a fifth-wheeler. Worth it.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Rhigley wrote:
Had a blowout on my inner duel on driver side that took out a lot of wiring and wet bay. Not to say what happened to the wheel well area. The tires I could see looked good with only twenty thousand miles on them. Bad day on the road! No warning on the TPM..

Unfortunate, it sounds.
Was there a question or lesson learned or just posting that you had a blowout?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
A bit more info would be nice! What vehicle and what brand and model tires?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah - I tried to get 1 more season out of my trailer tires last year. That's a hard lesson to learn. I have a second trailer that will be getting new tires this spring - not going to try that 1 more year thing again... I will try to sell the old tires for about $25-$50 each just to offset the new tires. Its a good deal for someone with an older pickup that can't afford new tires. I run LT tires so they work on a truck, not OK for ST tires.