cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

12 Volt reset ??

Big_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello again, checking if anyone has heard of or had similar experiences; example, had problems with our living room slide (hwh hyd) would not move at all - reset 12v system and slide worked great, 2nd example, batteries charged 12.8+ (equip: Samlex Solar - 100w , 30amp charge controller, ssw-r1 12b remote control, intell power 9200 power converter,and samlex power 1000 inverter) football on the TV and Samlex remote control shows low battery and shuts power to TV off. Turned back on after a couple of minutes and power shut down again, here is the odd part, reset the 12V system and everything again work normal, TV was fine and remote control showed 12.8V. thanks for your feed back!
4 REPLIES 4

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Not at all unusual find a 12 volt reset will get an inoperable slide to work. It has happened to me before. A different time I lost the ability to read current for L1 on the EMS panel. A reset of the 12 volts and all was well.
I for one need to learn that when 12 volt dc things stop working, a simple hard 12 volt reset is the first thing to do before tearing into the electronics.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on cleaning and dielectric grease.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would suggest going through your battery connections. Disconnect connections one at a time, clean good, applu coating of electrical grease and reconnect.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Almost everything is computer controlled now so doing a reset is not too unusual. My Monaco coach would occasionally go into limp mode and required a 12 volt reset. This might last for 10-20,000 miles before I had to do it again. The same goes for the occasional check engine light. Just disconnect the battery for a minute or so and see if it pops up again. A lot of times that reset is all it takes. I never had issues with my slide controller but I did have issues with my energy management system. This is possibly what was causing your issues. A reset cured that also. Through the years I have found that my first troubleshooting task for anything that uses electrical power is to remove power and do a reset and see if that corrects the problem.