cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3500 CC Running boards?

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
What running boards have been found to work on a 3500 crew cab? I have the Torklift frame mounted tie downs. Truck will be picked up next week. I did not get steps on it. Because of reading where some would not work. If you used Torklifts. I would like to have the ones that stop of the rear door.
Any ideals would for sure help out.
Pete
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans
10 REPLIES 10

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Got the Torklifts mounted on the truck Saturday. Looking at them, not sure why the lady at Torklift would think I could not have used the factory steps. She told me these mounted on the same frame mount as the steps. Come to find out the steps on the 2019-2022 at least. Only mount to the pinch welds. Not the round cab mounts like she was telling me.
Now the Torklifts did use the cab mounts. Sad part of the install. Parking Brake cable was the hardest part of the whole install. But the 5" long 3/4 socket and threw socket in the size to fit the nut. make it a breeze to even back off the adjustment of the cable.

Might get to use the Fast Guns and Torklifts next week. Not sure but will know more Monday.
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
I have factory ordered OEM running boards on my 2018 Ram CC long bed dually. They're chrome with black rubber on top. They end at the rear of the cab. No issue with the frame mounted Torklifts.

X2, however, beware that the factory also offers running boards that extend well beyond the cab - these will interfere with torqlifts…

3 tons

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Guys, got back home with the truck today. 555 miles on it as of now. Sad, I'm 6ft1" and tough getting in and out of this truck. Guess theres more people wanting trucks Tall. Then just a normal truck, thats easy to get into.
So far love the truck, other then getting in and out. But ordering side steps tomorrow for it.
I felt that cab length would work. But had one person at Torque lift tell me running board-Side step would not work. As they bolted in the same spot as the Tie down Brackets. Feel she was off in left field. Her wires were crossed and no ideal what was what.

I can say, a 22 ram 3500 with factory 50 gallon fuel tank. With showing 1/8th tank of fuel. Held 46 gallons of fuel today. Fuel light if it has one did not come on. But still showed I had 79 miles left to empty.
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo

AidenJ
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Ram No problem with full length boards and Torklift tiedowns
2014 Dodge Ram 3500 CC, CTD, SRW
2010 NORTHERN-LITE 10-2 SPECIAL EDITION)
Libby, 2 yr Boxer/Hound mix learning to travel

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I have factory ordered OEM running boards on my 2018 Ram CC long bed dually. They're chrome with black rubber on top. They end at the rear of the cab. No issue with the frame mounted Torklifts.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I'm speculating that Dodge/RAM/FIAT (my sister-in-law always corrects me if I say Dodge) offers something similar to GM. (I'm stuck in the past, I also call Nissans Datsun).

I put a set of what GM calls work truck running boards on mine. They were all black, which matched my new(a year ago) truck which is gray and has no chrome except the wheels. They run the length of the cab. The step is very solid, the surface is a texture that is very non-slip, and they bolt to existing mounting locations with no adapters.

They also cost less than many of the cheap aftermarket steps.
Joe & Evelyn

Bedlam
For full length running boards or steps Torklift has some wider tie downs. For ones that end at the cab, your current ones will not interfere.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
The tie downs are under the bed floor.
If your running boards do not extend beyond the rear edge of the cab, you should be fine.

Here is a picture of our rig. Not a CC, not a Ram, and not a 2022, but you get the idea. OEM running boards.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry but was asking about Running boards/ side steps for the truck. Thus torklift tie downs and Crew Cab 3500.
Not camper steps, as for now have the Horse. Just need the side steps for it. Then make sure there going to not be in the way of the Frame Mounted tie downs.
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Steps - Torklift Folding and they work great.
Get the locks for them as it would be easy for them to "Walk Away" and it's a stronger pic.

The nice thing about them is you can ADD or take a Step or two to adjust.
I got the full 6-steps?? forget the number only because if you're camped on an incline or so while the steps will expand, the angle is different.

Anyway, have had them for some 4-5yr, no problems.

Hope that helps.. oh, easy to push up and bring down. Very handy when doing Walmart for shopping.. just unfold, use and push back up..
Easy Peasy..

Hope that helps...
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10’ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow N’ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website