cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for small fifth wheel, no bunks

Kentucky_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, we are in the market for a new fifth wheel.We are trying to find one under 30 feet. We would like to have access to the refrigerator and bathroom in travel mode. We do not want bunks. We want theater seats and a closet slide. We found a Cougar and Jayco. Wondering if anyone knows of anything else out there, they like. It's hard finding smaller fifth wheels. Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Grand Design Reflection 303RLS. Lots of windows, and you can access half the fridge, bathroom, and bedroom with slides in.

Happy Travels!

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
Google Dune Sports in Mesa AZ. They build 99% of their units on custom order. All they build are bumper pulls and 5th wheels.

Everything they do is what you order. Call them, don't just look at their website.

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
If width is an issue, then you could consider looking for a nice used 2012 or earlier. They switched to the wide body in 2013.
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

Kentucky_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, that Artic Fox looks perfect to me! We don't really have to worry about weight. When I said smaller, I guess I really meant shorter. My husband is only concerned about the width. Why is there always something!! This is almost the lay out of what we just had in our Cougar which was perfect to us. We also had an additional sofa! All at 30 feet. Don't know why they quit making that floor plan. Access to everything, and plenty of windows! (Only reason we are getting new is someone ran into back of it and insurance won't fix. Totalled it ) I can't find any dealerships close to us, but will do more research. Thanks for the suggestion! We can do without access to fridge if necessary, but would really like access to bathroom if at all possible. I've been on all kinds of websites but Artic Fox never came up.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Regarding the Arctic Fox 27-5L, I also thought that our 5th wheel is exactly what you are saying you want. I admit I had to look up what theater seating meant in an RV, and I think ours has it. We watch tv looking straight at the tv, in our recliners.

Ours also has a full size queen bed, not a short "camper queen" and you don't have to open anything to get in the fridge when stopping at the side of the road. Having to open and close a slide is just more unnecessary wear and tear on the slide mechanism.

Yes they weigh more than most of the Indiana built campers, and they are 3" wider on each side that gives you more living space, but try to find a better frame that holds everything else up in that size of a 5th wheel.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:
I don't know what your definition of small is. The Arctic Fox 27-5L is 3" shorter than 30 ft. It is also 8 1/2 feet wide and has a GVWR of 13,600#. I would call it a large fifth wheel that is on the shorter side! Maybe not the right choice if lightweight is part of your "small" desires. Nice trailer though, it was on my short list at one time.

Good point. I usually point that out. My older version is a bit shorter, narrower and lighter. However, OP said "under 30" and didn't mention any weight constraints.

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just love our Open Range floorplan (31.5'), though I'm always looking for something that may be our next rig down the road that would be 34' or less. One thing that many manufacturers do is put the dinette, along with most its windows, on the wrong side. To me, sitting at the table looking at my neighbor's site would be a deal breaker.
Although a little long at 34.5', the closest I've found that checks pretty much all our boxes is the Evergreen Bay Hill 295rl. Too bad they're out of business.
JK
PS... Opening the slide to access the fridge only takes about 10 seconds, we do it all the time.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Every manufacturer has floor plans available on their site. Ours does not have bunk and you can access the Fridge with the slides in.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what your definition of small is. The Arctic Fox 27-5L is 3" shorter than 30 ft. It is also 8 1/2 feet wide and has a GVWR of 13,600#. I would call it a large fifth wheel that is on the shorter side! Maybe not the right choice if lightweight is part of your "small" desires. Nice trailer though, it was on my short list at one time.

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
I second the Arctic Fox 27.5L. I believe it ticks all your boxes with the possible exception of the theater seats (probably an option but not sure). We love having access to the bathroom and fridge while traveling. In ours, only the pantry and one lower kitchen cabinet are blocked with the slide in. You could even grab a few winks on the queen sized bed if you wanted to without opening the bedroom side.

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't touch a Grand Design 150 series 5th wheel. Those are the only ones in the GD line up that're under 30'. They're made with 1" aluminum studs in the walls. Way to thin IMO. Some owners are reporting that the header above the slide out is bowing. GD says thats normal.
YMMV

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
There are plenty of smaller 5ers available that do not have bunks. Just look at the Grand Design Reflection series or Arctic Fox.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Artic Fox 27-5L

I wrote up a short report a few days ago