cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another new generator ban bill in legislation in

lostbytes
Explorer
Explorer
California. This will take effect middle of next year. Not good. Here's the link.
Sign here!

Will not be able to use air conditioner since having lung issues if passes...
32 REPLIES 32

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
Just like the switch from renewable fuels, car mileage milestone for automobiles, and changing over to EVs, California again leads the rest of the nation forward.

And that's precisely what concerns the rest of the nation.

California is full of "ideas so good, they're mandatory" - and they want to spread their social paradise to the rest of the nation.

After all, misery loves company.

Forward, Comrade!

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your voices are sqeaking from twisting all your panties so much...
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1...I think you might have inhaled a little too much of that smoke up there in the Rescue area. The California wizard politicians keep pushing electric vehicles and are willing to subsidize gardeners to replace their equipment with batteries. Homeowners will have to incur the expense on their own to replace small engine equipment. The big question is "Where is the electricity going to come from to charge all these electric vehicles and tools?" We certainly don't have it now as we are asked to shut things down during a "Flex Alert".
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm, so just who are the Elites targeting?

IMO, majority of the impacted consumers will be us working folks--we who enjoy camping (generators) and mow our own lawns (blowers and mowers), and of course the small businesses that cater to the Elites (gardeners, car detailers, caters, etc).

All in the name of Mother Earth.

So, anyone know the carbon footprint parity/breakeven (manufacturing + operation + end of life disposal) for these replacement "cleaner" small engines? In other words, just how much cleaner will they be?

As we know the BEVs have generally--over promised and under delivered thus far.
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just like the switch from renewable fuels, car mileage milestone for automobiles, and changing over to EVs, California again leads the rest of the nation forward. If new technology cannot meet the requirements by a set date, the date can be changed within minutes. There may not be a replacement for a loggers chainsaw, so those might be around for quite some time. The RV generators may not be affected for the same reasoning. If California doesn't do this, who will? Look at what California has done to enlighten the rest of the country regarding solar. The writing is on the wall for coal, once a high density commercial grade battery source is figured out (saltwater?). The same will happen with EV's. When solid state batteries are perfected, there will be no need for ICE vehicles. We've gone through these phases before.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
toedtoes wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
There is already multible threads on this.

The ban against small generators IS NOT going into effect until the technology makes zero emmission generators feasible. The law is about reducing "low hanging fruit" IC engine small equipment use such as personal use leaf blowers and lawn mowers, and encouraging new technology for the rest. No equipment will be banned until the feasibility and technology is sufficient for the usage.

Donโ€™t count on that, I am starting to believe that elected and appointed officials donโ€™t have any common sense at all.
The electric Infrastructure will never be strong enough to away with small generators.

If they can't develop a zero emmisiion generator, then the ban will never happen. Simple as that.

Do you use a generator with your camper? If this is such a great idea, should sell that thing now while it's still worth some money and go on about living green (along with your 50 year old emissions spewing camper)....
You realize you're talking out of both sides of your mouth here, right?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
toedtoes wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
toedtoes wrote:

The ban against small generators IS NOT going into effect until the technology makes zero emmission generators feasible. The law is about reducing "low hanging fruit" IC engine small equipment use such as personal use leaf blowers and lawn mowers, and encouraging new technology for the rest. No equipment will be banned until the feasibility and technology is sufficient for the usage.

You have more faith in the California government being reasonable than I do.

It states it right in the law. No belief required.

Again, you have more faith in the California government being reasonable than I do.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
toedtoes wrote:

As a politician, I declare zero emission generators to be "feasible" and "sufficient" - and therefore ban conventional generators.

There - Problem solved.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Might be an issue if you live in California but generally, if it's legal in your home state, interstate commerce laws prohibit the prohibition for those traveling thru.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
toedtoes wrote:

Coming from a Government that changed mask requirements a hundred times instead of following the science.....

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
SLOW IS BETTER. YEP

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
toedtoes wrote:

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
toedtoes wrote:

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
wildtoad wrote:
Maybe I missed it but as I read it, no one is coming for any existing fuel powered tools. Fuel powered tools will still be available for purpose until such time as battery powered devices are up to the task at personal and commercial level. So the actual affect of this legislation may be years away.

YES.