cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efficient basement storage for Bliss style chairs?

obie311
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Bliss chairs. It's almost like being weightless reclining in them. The only problem is they are awkward to store in our basement. There is enough room to store them vertically if I had some sort of slotted rack to hold them. When I worked in the movie biz, we had plywood boxes to store our 4x4' reflectors. I wondered if there was some sort of similar solution we could adapt to our large folding chairs?

6 REPLIES 6

obie311
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
We don't have these chairs, but my "weight police" radar just went up looking at your photo. I think that velcro against the side would keep them vertical as long as you have that black fuzzy fabric wall coating stuff.

I wasn't really thinking of a complete plywood box, only maybe wooden channels in the floor and a couple of upright 1x to keep them from flapping around tied to the basement wall. The concept being that keeping them vertical rather than resting on the floor, frees up more space for boxy cargo.

I do like the idea of the eyebolts.

I put 2 eyebolts into the rear wall of the basement about an 1” wider than my chairs. I store them in the upright position, held that way by a 1” ratchet strap hooked to each eyebolt.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have these chairs, but my "weight police" radar just went up looking at your photo. I think that velcro against the side would keep them vertical as long as you have that black fuzzy fabric wall coating stuff.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
hmmm... I am able to stack 3 in my storage, then I have a fold up table that goes on top of them. They can move around a little, but haven't noticed any scratches. I think they fit perfect in my rear storage under my bunkhouse bedroom.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Velcro will hold them.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I assume "bliss" chairs are a type of zero gravity recliners. I just lay our zero gravity recliners down on the bottom of one of my bins and wrap a blanket around them to keep from getting scratched and sliding around. If you really wanted to store them vertically I am sure you could make a rack or storage box, but seems like that would take up additional room.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS