Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Dometic Furnace Temperature Range
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic Furnace Temperature Range

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
avarusbrightfyre

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 12:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello!

I have the three button touch screen Dometic controller for my A/C and furnace, and I'm curious to know if there is a way to adjust the temperature range for when the unit turns on. At the moment, there is a noticeable drop in temperature before the furnace kicks on to bring the trailer back up to the specified temperature. I'd rather the furnace turn on more frequently for shorter intervals to keep the trailer closer to the specified temperature. Is it possible to narrow the range that triggers the furnace?

Thanks!

2019 34' Minnie Plus Travel Trailer
San Diego, CA

ChuckSteed

Mtn Home, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/07/21 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Page 8 of this link to manual tells you how to change the differential setting

https://www.forestriverinc.com/brochures........00/0000ThermostatSingleDometicManual.pdf

avarusbrightfyre

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmm, funny thing is I think I accidentally adjusted that when I was playing around with it. I did see a D1 and a D2 come up while I was trying different button combinations. Afterward, I've noticed that the controller clicks on and off over and over for a while before turning the furnace on. I think I'll try putting it back to D2 and see if that fixes the issue. It seems to me that it's waiting for more than 2 degrees before turning the furnace on, because I end up having to put on another layer for a bit before the controller turns on. I'd rather live with that though than the obnoxious clicking, assuming it's because the D1 setting is too narrow.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AS you have found out, The D is just 1 to 2 degrees. NOT what you actually want. Other than the D setting the tstat cannot do what you want it to do. The only other way is to remount the Complete tstat in a different location, that more accurately senses the inside temp. Doug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dometic Furnace Temperature Range
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.