cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yellow streaks on interior walls?

Bank_of_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
My 26 ft Puma trailer is almost a year old. I am noticing long yellow vertical streaks on my gray and white wallboard. Looks like where they nailed it in. Looking online I am guessing this is the adhesive they used and it is coming through. Some what sticky.
Is there any product that removes or reduces this? I tried some soap and water on a spot. It didnโ€™t do much. I read on the Forest River Forum that some dealers gave up trying to fix this for customers.
Any suggestions? Itโ€™s not on the white ceiling or floor yet thank goodness. Trying to handle this before the spouse complains.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
opnspaces wrote:
I would try goo gone. But try it with caution. Test the goo gone on a portion of the wall that is out of site. Look inside the cabinets under the sink, or inside the space under the dinette seats. You're looking for somewhere where you can test and if it makes a mess you won't see it. Then take the goo gone and vigorously scrub on the wall in the out of site area. Then let it sit for an hour. If no adverse effects try the goo gone on the yellow streaks.

OPs trailer is still under warranty.

As such, messing around with chemicals and solvents or any other home made remedy even in an obscure location has the potential for the manufacturer to void said warranty if they find more damage which they can attribute to the OPs use of those cleaning methods rather than a defect in their materials and installation.

Best to attempt to find a fix via manufacturer at this time, then if manufacturer cannot make good by repairing or replacing the wall(s) affected OP might wish to consider other alternative fixes.

Stinks, but is reality of the situation.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I would try goo gone. But try it with caution. Test the goo gone on a portion of the wall that is out of site. Look inside the cabinets under the sink, or inside the space under the dinette seats. You're looking for somewhere where you can test and if it makes a mess you won't see it. Then take the goo gone and vigorously scrub on the wall in the out of site area. Then let it sit for an hour. If no adverse effects try the goo gone on the yellow streaks.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Bank_of_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. Under warranty. We had it 9 months. New last February. Need to call dealer. Definitely not painting or papering it.

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
Are you not still under warranty???

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Paper or paint over it. Trying to remove it may cause unforseen problems.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Try TileX and green scrubby! There is also Goo-Gone.