cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WANTED -- "Special" Insulated Cup

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for an insulated cold drink cup or mug that "properly" fits in the coach cup holders - something that goes all the way to the bottom with just a little wiggle room on the sides.

Search so far unsuccessful at Academy, BassPro, Cabelas, Walmart...cups/mugs are either too narrow (flop around in cup holder = spills) or too fat to fit in at all.

Or alternatively a replacement cup holder that fits in the hole and "properly" holds existing cup designs. Search so far turns up same exact cup holders.
10 REPLIES 10

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
What diameter and depth are your cup holders? Knowing that might help us give you better answers...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used a custom cup company that uses Hoggoutfitters for their custom designed cups,maybe they have something that would work.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
Look up Yeti drinkware. (Not sure if I can put up a link without trouble...)

They have a Rambler 20 oz traveler mug with lid and handle, tapered bottom. Not cheap though...

They also have a Rambler 30 oz traveler mug with lid, tapered bottom. Not cheap though...

They can be customized also.
I have a few and they do keep ice for a long time and... they don't sweat!

EDIT
Others have put link so here goes...

Yeti Drinkware
Inquiring minds want to know...

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
These keep things hot or cold for several days (our pilot son-in-law won't use one because his coffee stays too hot). They come in different sizes and colors and we love ours.

Zojirushi

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
My wife uses a cane cooler and puts the bottle in that and then it holds pretty good.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
Don't know what they are called, but back in the day, they had a deal that let cup, or other things swing, for use on boats. The PO of my '67 Pete had mounted 1 to the shift lever of the aux transmission.

Gimbaled or Self Leveling Cup Holder

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know what they are called, but back in the day, they had a deal that let cup, or other things swing, for use on boats. The PO of my '67 Pete had mounted 1 to the shift lever of the aux transmission.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
GOOD LUCK with that.. I've not found one

Though there are several inserts that are expandable like the Cup Call Phone holder.. Some may be designed to hold cups
Or you can "Frankenstine" a Cup Call base to another brand of adjustable cup holder (Did something like that. was not a cup call)

But I do not think any cup builder and any cup holder maker talk to each other

Oh. if you are good with wood.... Make a bushing.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
dcmac214 wrote:
Looking for an insulated cold drink cup or mug that "properly" fits in the coach cup holders - something that goes all the way to the bottom with just a little wiggle room on the sides.

Search so far unsuccessful at Academy, BassPro, Cabelas, Walmart...cups/mugs are either too narrow (flop around in cup holder = spills) or too fat to fit in at all.

Or alternatively a replacement cup holder that fits in the hole and "properly" holds existing cup designs. Search so far turns up same exact cup holders.

Try Amazon web site.