cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

which caulk

Brownleaf
Explorer
Explorer
Just behind the front top edge of my 04 class c minnie is a joint on the roof. It is a crease that goes all the way across. Since it is sort of a indented crease ( joint) I am thinking to continue using the same proflex I used in areas below. Am I right, if not explain why I would use the self leveling caulk. thanks Doug
5 REPLIES 5

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago recommends a Polyether sealant such as Manus 75-AM . It has better adhesion and more importantly, better flexibility for the front cap junction than self leveling types. I re-did mine with it .... and when dry I installed 4" Eternabond on top of the seam. I doubt I will ever have to address that seam seal again.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Brownleaf
Explorer
Explorer
While I need that alert to proflex, I still need to know whether in that particular place on the roof do I need self leveling or not. Thanks Doug

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Eternabond May be a good choice.

Or Eternacaulk.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Eternabond May be a good choice.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had problems with two different tubes of Proflex bought a few months apart at different parts of the country. I think there was a quality control issue or the tubes were too old. The caulk initially seemed OK but would not maintain a seal.

Now I only use Dicor.