cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Things to see Places to stay South to North Indiana

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
Planning trip thru Indiana from border to border going south to north, Louisville to Goshen area in September. What to see and where to stay. Thanks
2017 Montana 3611 RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
8 REPLIES 8

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
Connor Prairie just north of Indy is worth a day.

Connor Prairie
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Mike S 620 wrote:
Indianapolis: Children's Museum of Indianapolis, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
South Bend: The History Museum/Oliver Mansion/Studebaker Museum (a three for one museum)
Auburn Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum, National Automotive and Truck Museum (NATMUS), Early Ford V-8 Foundation & Museum

We really enjoyed the mansion and museums mentioned in South Bend.
It was a very fun and interesting day.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
The Menno-Hof visitor center in Shipshewana is a very interesting look into Mennonite history and culture. I'm not religious myself, but I enjoyed the well-done presentation of Mennonite and Amish history and culture.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
I would plan a stop in Shipshewana lots of touristy things and plenty of Amish cooking, we like the park at the huge flea market. From this area is a good base for Elkhart, Goshen and even South Bend and Southern Mi and also most of the rv manufactures
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Like contemporary architecture Columbus Indiana a city of 50,000 orso is famous for great world class architecture. You would be a short distance from Brown County State Park for camping and also Nashville Indiana. A small town but areal tourist stop.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
In Louisville The Louisville slugger bat factory. A little south in Bowling Green the Corvette factory
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL

Mike_S_620
Explorer
Explorer
Indianapolis: Children's Museum of Indianapolis, Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
South Bend: The History Museum/Oliver Mansion/Studebaker Museum (a three for one museum)
Auburn Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum, National Automotive and Truck Museum (NATMUS), Early Ford V-8 Foundation & Museum
1984 Shasta 2100 Travel Trailer
Lost the tow vehicle in the divorce, saving for a replacement.:M

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart is pretty interesting. They let you dry camp in their parking lot.