cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-75 at Chattanooga

M_R_E_
Explorer
Explorer
I will be traveling southbound on I-75 from Michigan to Florida. I was wondering if the construction is still going on in the Chattanooga area.
I could get off in Cleveland and bypass the area.
toolmaker
6 REPLIES 6

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
It meets Federal guidelines which don't allow left exits. It's better for the I-75 thru traffic, but the interface with I-24 is not. It's well marked, but there are obviously people not looking, or following old GPS units. I do not think the next phase will help either, it's just adding more lanes that don't really go anywhere, more parking. It does not address the root problem which is 6 miles west, the 4 lanes from exit 178 US-27 north to exit 167 I-59 south. TDOT needs to add 2 more lanes each way for the 11 miles to I-59.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Luv_Campin
Explorer
Explorer
Whoever laid out the new lanes when youโ€™re coming from Atlanta and going to Nashville through Chattanooga should be fired. Itโ€™s way worse than it was before the changes.
2007 Ford F150
2012 Keystone Summerland 2100RB
one bossy dachsund
1 short wife and 1 short dog

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck. Plan carefully to hit town off rush hour in both Chatt and ATL. I've done the bypass thing in Cleveland and it works well. Good enough road into Dalton but then you are still north of ATL.
South of ATL the north bound lanes are closed so expect the lane shift and closures along with the headache. Is this a snowbird thing or a limited time vaca thing? I avoid ATL at all costs and go down 441 corridor. Less stressful but yes, more time involved.

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
I-75-thru traffic isn't that bad. I would stay over to the left for a few miles. The right lane slows with people trying to cut over to I-24 at the last minute, and coming off I-24.
I-24 is a total cluster!
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had no major slow down on I75, I24 (if I have the numer right) was a terrible mess with construction. That may be finished. Expect big slow down in Atlanta tho.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I drive every now and and then thru that area & no matter if it is road work or a wreck Chattanooga area is a c**p shoot just like Atlanta..
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo