Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: this is why
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> this is why

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/22 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

Bob and Don must be the last ones still living on the Plains (spelt wrong of course--flat places are planes)

Did you mean "spelled wrong"? [emoticon]

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/22 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stir crazy since this is a debate I suggest you back up your statements with double blind studies, ones that are peer reviewed.

* This post was edited 01/01/22 10:06pm by pianotuna *

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/22 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How about making insulated box from rigid foam and puting batteries in that?
Should keep it warm enough to work.

Eventualy with EV trucks camping in winter will be no problem.

Sleeping in Tesla in winter minus 26

https://youtu.be/VPudpniOmxY

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/22 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Free Radical,

Thanks for posting the link,

The Tesla has a few advantages such as 82 kwh of storage! How lovely that would be.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/22 12:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

your talking about one or two geographical areas which is why there is a higher concentration of people there, but drive through toronto, vancouver and thoes types of places and how many rv's do you see in the yards, not many compared to other areas. the largest geographical area of canad will very often see -30 or -35 in the winter..

No one lives in the largest geographical area of Canada.

I think something like 95% of the Canadian population lives within 100miles of the US border.

I see lots of RVs in Toronto. Camping if very popular there.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/22 04:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PerryB67 wrote:

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

I guess to each his own, but nobody will ever convince me that such frigid cold temperatures are harmless.
Florida? Mold, mildew, oppressive humidity, hurricanes, murders, are some of Florida's noted characteristics. The average age in Florida is 78.9 years. The average age in British Columbia is 82.1 years or Ontario at 82.4 years, eh.

Enjoy,

Perry
Minnesota

Average age in Florida is 42. Where in the world did you get your information?

Mold & mildew? Sure, just like any other coastal area. Once it gets out of control, I'll be concerned.

Oppressive humidity? Maybe to some who aren't used to it. Much like oppressive cold (such as the current temperature of -11F in Lanesboro, MN as I write this [emoticon])

And murders?? In Florida? Seriously? Nowhere else, eh?

OK, OK, we get it. You don't like Florida. So noted.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

PerryB67

Lanesboro, Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/22 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

because around 50% of people from BC live in vancouver or victoruia where any temp below 36 degrees is a rarity. so they don't have the stifiling heat of florida or the cold of anywhere else in canada. summers are mild so less skin cancer and so on..
I suggest you look at where Ontario is on the map. In fact, take a look at the Canadian provinces.

Enjoy,

Perry

2018 Escape 5.0
2019 F150 Max Tow, Max Springs, 3.5 EB Quad Cab
Victron 712, Victron 100/20, Victron 100/30
GoPower 170 watt, and three Renogy 100 Compact watt panels, all in parallel
260 ah Soneil SiO2 batteries

PerryB67

Lanesboro, Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/22 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mold & mildew? Sure, just like any other coastal area. Once it gets out of control, I'll be concerned.

Oppressive humidity? Maybe to some who aren't used to it. Much like oppressive cold (such as the current temperature of -11F in Lanesboro, MN as I write this [emoticon])

Sorry, I meant "lifespan". I've corrected my previous post.

Yes, mold and mildew are problems for people and one of the reasons I and many others don't live in the coastal states. The "oppressive humidity" is the reason for the mold and mildew problems.

Florida's population is around 22 million and in 2020 they had 1,285 murders or 58 murders per million. Canada's entire population is 38 million and in 2020 there were 743 murders or 19 murders per million.

I chose not to live in Florida because of many, many reasons, safety, health, and lifespan being a few.

Yesterday I walked about 3 miles and today I'll go out in our winter weather to walk another 2-5 miles. It's beautiful and peaceful in the Lanesboro/Root River Valley where we live. I actually enjoy winter, but now we have the ability and discretionary money to winter in NM, AZ, and UT, where last year we hiked 107 miles and rode bike for another 425 miles.

Enjoy,

Perry

* This post was edited 01/02/22 06:32am by PerryB67 *

PerryB67

Lanesboro, Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/22 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Duplicate message erased.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/22 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PerryB67 wrote:

Sorry, I meant "life span".

Yes, mold and mildew are problems for people and one of the reasons I and many others don't live in the coastal states. The "oppressive humidity" is the reason for the mold and mildew problems.

Florida's population is around 22 million and in 2020 they had 1,285 murders or 58 murders per million. Canada's entire population is 38 million and in 2020 there were 743 murders or 19 murders per million.

I chose not to live in Florida because of many, many reasons, safety, health, and lifespan being a few.

Yesterday I walked about 3 miles and today I'll go out in our winter weather to walk another 2-5 miles. It's beautiful and peaceful in the Lanesboro/Root River Valley where we live. I actually enjoy winter, but now we have the ability and discretionary money to winter in NM, AZ, and UT, where last year we hiked 107 miles and rode bike for another 425 miles.

Enjoy,

Perry

Florida ranks 27th of all the states in murder rate, so I don't see it as a 'Florida' problem.

I do see it as a US problem, because you're comparing US homicides to Canadian homicides, and as we all know the two countries have vastly different gun laws.

I'll be out on the boat this afternoon if you need me [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> this is why
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.