cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Way to connect Champion LP hose to mounted propane tank?

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if there is a way to connect my new Champion 2500 watt dual fuel with my mounted propane tank on my class C MH. I have tested the generator with a 20lb tank using the regulator and hose it came with. But for an emergency when I no longer have small tanks available, can it some how be connected to my 12 gallon tank on the MH. Perhaps some adapter and hoses can hook up to the extend-a-stay I have installed.
Yes, I do have an Onan 4000 watt gas generator on the MH and could use that. But it is highly ineffeciant compared to the Champion which can use only 20 lbs in 36 hours.
I was thinking that the Champion can be used for a day or so until my MH fridge gets cold and I can transfer food into it.
6 REPLIES 6

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
If a search doesn't find what you want go to a propane shop and have a hose made. Or replace with the parts I posted above.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
I have the extend-a-stay installed with the 2 ports for hoses prior to the MH regulator. The regulator that came with the generator attaches directly to the 20lb tank and has a short hose with a quick connect into the generator. Is there an adapter hose that I can attached directly to the MH tank and screw into the regulator input?

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
Champion equips their generators for several different kinds of propane hoses.

One version has just a conventional high-pressure regulator on the hose (which feeds a second low-pressure "zero demand" regulator located inside the generator itself).

With this type, the original hose can be discarded, with the generator instead connected to the RV propane system at any point after the RV's regulator.

Basically, the RV's propane regulator takes the place of the regulator mounted on the original hose supplied by Champion.

Another version has both the high- and low-pressure regulators installed on the hose (in which case there is no other regulator inside the generator itself).

This type can NOT be directly connected to an RV propane system, since it would lack any means of automatically shutting of the propane flow if the engine stopped running.

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
I tapped into the low pressure side. The key is separating the Champion regulator from the 'flow control' part. When done the flow part has quick connect male fittings on 2 short hoses. Don't get confused which way it mounts!
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's called Extend-A-Stay, you can get one at Camping World, or most dealers.
https://www.campingworld.com/search?q=extend-a-stay
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Search for the needed adapters, these from Amazon. I tapped into the high pressure side but low pressure adapters are available.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob