cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you use EKON OX BLOX Trailer Jack Blocks

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys, Do you use Ox Bloxs on your fifth wheel? I’ve been looking at different blocks and these look pretty good.
19 REPLIES 19

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay.. Don't know if that takes more stress off or not. They mount with either four or six bolts (can't remember and it's dark outside(, so not sure their position on the mount adds more stress or reduces stress.

I don't think anyone is taking offense. I sure wasn't. Just saying you don't have to justify your decision to any of us.

It's all good. Interesting though that no one else uses them. Maybe you'll start a trend.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
My point is when towing, the jacks are at drive height, fully retracted. Jacks legs, as you know are adjustable. The blocks I’m looking at are 7” tall meaning I can set the jacks legs up further than what may be the standard (factory height), taking more stress off of them.

Yes, my jack pads are wider than the opening in the block. But will sit on top of the block very nicely.

And everyone’s opinion is taken and appreciated and my mind was not made up. We all give our opinions and most of us take no offense.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure I understand what you mean about setting the jacks at the same tow height. I would think you want the jacks to be fully retracted while towing, not set to the same towing height, but whatever works for you.

Not sure what you mean about less to deal with either. Put down pads, initiate auto level. Done.

You don't have to justify your decision to us. Enjoy.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
These have worked out well and fully support the 24k no problem. Front blocks are a bit bigger. First pic RV is attached to truck with the RV tires off the ground.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know what size your jack feet are, but those blox look to be pretty small on top. The round feet of my jacks wouldn't fit there without cutting off the protruding bits. You might double check to make sure these will fit your jack feet pads.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys and thanks for your comments. I agree they’re expensive but seem easy to deal with and no worries of weight issues of the Coach. Plus I can set all jacks to the same tow height, slide the blocks underneath and done. The less you have to deal with when setting up the better right? And spread their cost over a lifetime of use and it’s really pretty cheap.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
MikeRP wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
I think he's sticking to plastic ones, but not settled on which plastic ones, and was wondering whether to use the ones he mentioned.

I have a couple of the Andersen round red buckets that came with my toyhauler, and they are okay, but I can't always use them at the front. Since their height is non-adjustable, sometimes the site won't allow the auto-level to work correctly if I have the Andersen buckets at the front. Then I switch to the yellow blocks.

Yeah I agree with that but after I got used to using them, if I run into a weirdly pitched site, I usually get it right the first try.
I don't know, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme-nor-reason to why they don't work sometimes. Doesn't seem to be any hard and fast rule why the auto-level sometimes doesn't.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
philh wrote:
Those that are using the yellow lego blocks, do you just stack them up?

Yep! I =do= put down a couple 2x6s underneath them when parking on dirt, or the bottoms fill up. On pavement/concrete, just put the blocks down.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

MikeRP
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I think he's sticking to plastic ones, but not settled on which plastic ones, and was wondering whether to use the ones he mentioned.

I have a couple of the Andersen round red buckets that came with my toyhauler, and they are okay, but I can't always use them at the front. Since their height is non-adjustable, sometimes the site won't allow the auto-level to work correctly if I have the Andersen buckets at the front. Then I switch to the yellow blocks.

Yeah I agree with that but after I got used to using them, if I run into a weirdly pitched site, I usually get it right the first try.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those that are using the yellow lego blocks, do you just stack them up?

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mondooker wrote:
Hi Retired JSO, And you’re right but not a long term solution and come with their own problems. I’ll stick with a plastic style that will keep the jacks 7” off the ground. It’s better for the jacks and eventually the fifth wheel. Just my opinion.

Just curious, why ask for opinions if you've already made up your mind?
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

MikeRP
Explorer
Explorer
I use Anderson Jack Blocks. I love them. I have 4 of them. Almost always I use them on the jacks around the tires and I use Camco on the front. The Anderson blocks widen the foot print of the jack and increase stability of the camper. Stability is increase by not putting the jacks out as far. Also they have powerful magnets that stick the block to the jacks.

Once in a while I have to put the blocks on the front jacks and the first set near the tires. These can be stacked and I’m able to stack them 4 high in my storage area.

One of the best purchases I’ve made.

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are heavy, expensive, and take up a lot of room in storage. It also appears that only the smallest jack feet will fit between the tabs. There are lots of other options that work fine.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A