cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good sam platinum roadside assist

captron33
Explorer
Explorer
Had a flat tire, inside dual in my storage spot. Called good sam a repair man was sent , I won’t go into all the problems with the service, eventually the valve stem was tightened all ok .
I paid the repair cost 183.00 or so. I’m unsure if good sam will reimburse me. Anyone have the answers. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

warrenjo46
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
Does anyone know who is really the servicing company behind GS roadside ? At one time it was Allstate Roadside. There are only a few roadside service companies that others contract and use their name on. FMCA and Escapees are using Saferide I know.

If you look at the Good Sam service agreement you will find the identity of the servicing company listed in the fine print.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does anyone know who is really the servicing company behind GS roadside ? At one time it was Allstate Roadside. There are only a few roadside service companies that others contract and use their name on. FMCA and Escapees are using Saferide I know.
Bill

Big_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Have been RV owner since 1990, always carried Good Sam Insurance,3 years ago had a blow out on outside rear, called Good Sam, we were located in Central Ca on Hwy 5 (major CA hwy) and Good Sam told us we could not be there because they couldn't fine Hwy 5 on their map???
Never showed up had to have local tire shop do the work. I have nothing good to say about Good Sam RV insurance - when needed they may/will leave you out in the cold.

captron33
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like they only make the phone call plus send a tech.ok

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
We have had both Good Sam and Coach Net and found CN to be superior.

captron33 wrote:
Had a flat tire, inside dual in my storage spot. Called good sam a repair man was sent , I won’t go into all the problems with the service, eventually the valve stem was tightened all ok .
I paid the repair cost 183.00 or so. I’m unsure if good sam will reimburse me. Anyone have the answers. Thanks
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Roadside assist is not any type of warranty or ESP. All they do is send help. I don't think they pay for flat repairs or any other repairs other than possibly towing if needed

From Good Sam . . .

FLAT TIRE SERVICE
A service technician will replace a flat tire with your inflated spare or we’ll tow
your vehicle to the nearest professional service center. On occasion and whenever
possible, we will make arrangements for the Member to purchase a tire(s) for
delivery to the disablement scene. In these cases Good Sam Roadside Assistance
will pay for delivery of tire only, Member is responsible for all additional costs
including cost of tire(s), mounting, balancing, other parts or labor, tax and any
other fees. Note: Does not include seasonal tire changes. Member responsible for
parts and labor.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie