cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

polishing front cap on a Class C

Cruisineasy
Explorer
Explorer
The front cap on my 2011 Class C is a bit faded and dull. What are you folks using to get rid of the light oxidation and polish it up?? Wish I had a scaffold to reach it all by hand..
8 REPLIES 8

travisc
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the expanding plank at the Costco road show with a orbital polisher from griots garage
Winnebago Access 24V

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
midnightsadie wrote:
a window washers seat, they use a hook over the side of a bldg, you need a big tree.and pull the rv up to it.

I'll go out on a limb here (no pun intended) and just assume that most members here aren't really candidates to use a bowsuns chair....but creative, yet wholly impractical, solution.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cruisineasy wrote:
The front cap on my 2011 Class C is a bit faded and dull. What are you folks using to get rid of the light oxidation and polish it up?? Wish I had a scaffold to reach it all by hand..

Remember going to the circus ?
How would do on a pair of stilts ? ๐Ÿ™‚

I sometimes use the fork lift on a tractor, I strap-down a wooden platform to the fork.

Use two aluminum bunk style ladders and weld 2x2 bases to them. Set them up facing each other approx. 7' apart. Drive the front wheels onto the base plates to make it a secure foundation. A 2x12 would work as a cross member.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
a window washers seat, they use a hook over the side of a bldg, you need a big tree.and pull the rv up to it.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If you are surefooted and have balance, the twostep ladder method is good.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Use a rotary polisher with the appropriate wool or foam pad and start with a polish first to see if it removes it all. If not step down to a compound first.

Order of application from rough to fine is wet sand (if necessary), compound (heavy cut to light cut, if necessary), polishing compound, then wax. If a dark color, may need a glaze or swirl remover after the polish, but not likely needed or looking for a show finish.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
2X on the Hillbilly scaffolding!!! I Tie mine off on the 4 sides so it doesn't rock.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

ronfisherman
I used 2 step ladders. One on each side of chassis hood. Then put a 2X12X10' between them. Worked well to buff out cabover. Then wax it.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD