cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOST Yukon Dump Valve Location

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was at at dealer looking at the HOST Yukon and noticed that the black water dump was located above the rear drivers wing at floor level, you are practially eye to eye with it.

I’m imagining that having the dump that high in the air might provide a host of problems (sorry I had to work that pun in).

Anyone dumping the HOST from 5 feet in the air?
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears
2013 Eagle Cap 950
480 Watts Solar, 3K VictronConnect Multiplus II, VictronConnect smart DC-DC charger, VictronConnect 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue
27 REPLIES 27

Bedlam
My Mammoth external water shower connection is next to the dump connections. I can run the the black flush from my external shower if I still have water in the fresh tank.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
Barry W wrote:
egarant wrote:
You know **** happens…..and if it does, better to happpen 2 feet off the ground than 5 feet.

It’s a very quirky place for a dump valve if you ask me and the grey tank dump is in another location so you cannot rise you hose after a black water dump with your grey water…..

I have seen the cascade dumped by cascade owners on YouTube and I see it as a non issue. It also has the black tank in the driver's slide. I rinse my sewer hose by way of the clear elbow with a hose fitting for back flushing into the tanks and then closing tank valve and flushing sewer hose. I carry hose repair ends and an extra hose for this function. Many dump stations have hoses but no fittings (male end missing usually). I love the host campers and their engineers thinking outside the box to allow so much more in a TC than I could have ever imagined. Sewer dump location never threw up red flags when I ordered my Cascade, it is amazing the things, small things that are factors in what determines what we purchase. Got to love the incredible choices we have. Barry

Good Points!
2013 Eagle Cap 950
480 Watts Solar, 3K VictronConnect Multiplus II, VictronConnect smart DC-DC charger, VictronConnect 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
egarant wrote:
You know **** happens…..and if it does, better to happpen 2 feet off the ground than 5 feet.

It’s a very quirky place for a dump valve if you ask me and the grey tank dump is in another location so you cannot rise you hose after a black water dump with your grey water…..

I have seen the cascade dumped by cascade owners on YouTube and I see it as a non issue. It also has the black tank in the driver's slide. I rinse my sewer hose by way of the clear elbow with a hose fitting for back flushing into the tanks and then closing tank valve and flushing sewer hose. I carry hose repair ends and an extra hose for this function. Many dump stations have hoses but no fittings (male end missing usually). I love the host campers and their engineers thinking outside the box to allow so much more in a TC than I could have ever imagined. Sewer dump location never threw up red flags when I ordered my Cascade, it is amazing the things, small things that are factors in what determines what we purchase. Got to love the incredible choices we have. Barry
2006 F350 4x4 DRW CREW CAB 6.0

SNOWRIVER 9'6" DINETTE ALL WEATHER PACKAGE

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Egarant wrote:
Sounds like the method you are doing would need to be done at your own FHU site as you would not want to take that much time at a more public dump station that might have a line..

Totally agree! I would use the wand at home after dumping as an internal wash and leave that diluted fluid in the tank until the next trip.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anyone have a photo of the location?
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
correct.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
egarant wrote:
zb39 wrote:
I know people who hate dumping there tanks with DP's. I usually dump both my tanks in less than 10 minutes. I've been doing it for 30 years, it's just not a big deal to me.

I'm not sure I know what DP stands for...Dual .....??

My guess is Diesel Pusher. In other words, what most would consider the top of the RV pyramid.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
deltabravo wrote:
egarant wrote:
When I mentioned my perceived design flaw to them on the phone, the response was “you like the slide out basement storage?”,

When a company designs something that fits their floor plan, that's not a "design flaw"

I see most people have put clear extensions off of the black water dump to extend it past the slide wall. What I see on the videos and already saw it in my mind is that you cannot rinse the black water out of the entensions that are past the dump valve, without carefully taking the whole contraption to the gray water dump valve. I see drips of black water coming out of that tube past the dump valve.....

Now like you say if you have your black water flush hooked up you can run that for as long as it takes I guess.

In my 8 years of truck camping I would say maybe 50% of the dump stations have threaded hoses that you could connect to your flush point.
2013 Eagle Cap 950

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
egarant wrote:
mike/kellie wrote:
Nice quote...I saw her comments today. I can understand why Host wants a level tank to dump. The fluids would help move the solids and not be like a table cloth trick with the dishes still in their place.
Maybe more attention to having some clean water in the tank before using? I have used a wand before with success, and also use a 10" clear extension while dumping sometimes paired with a Flush King attachment.
In these times, if you don't want your Host for any reason, there are buyers in line.

It’s just too bad that HOST didn’t nail one of the most important functions of a RV. When I mentioned my perceived design flaw to them on the phone, the response was “you like the slide out basement storage?”, meaning if the black tank was in the basement you would have not slide out storage tray.

Sounds like the method you are doing would need to be done at your own FHU site as you would not want to take that much time at a more public dump station that might have a line....
2013 Eagle Cap 950

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
zb39 wrote:
I know people who hate dumping there tanks with DP's. I usually dump both my tanks in less than 10 minutes. I've been doing it for 30 years, it's just not a big deal to me.

I'm not sure I know what DP stands for...Dual .....??
2013 Eagle Cap 950

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
egarant wrote:
When I mentioned my perceived design flaw to them on the phone, the response was “you like the slide out basement storage?”,

When a company designs something that fits their floor plan, that's not a "design flaw"
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
jimh406 wrote:
I think that's the thing about designs. There are always tradeoffs. I don't personally like a bathroom next to the bedroom, but others do. It's not necessarily wrong because you don't like the tradeoffs.

100% true ! I had the same concern about this dump valve location when I was considering the purchase of my Host Cascade, but I have no regrets about the purchase. It is just something that takes getting used to. PLEASE NOTE: " user mistakes/errors" are vividly remembered so training is rapid !

😉
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think that's the thing about designs. There are always tradeoffs. I don't personally like a bathroom next to the bedroom, but others do. It's not necessarily wrong because you don't like the tradeoffs.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member