Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: HOST Yukon Dump Valve Location
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> HOST Yukon Dump Valve Location

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/22 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had 11 different RV's over the years. 2 Host TC. At first I didn't like it that high. But after using it a few years it's not a problem at all. Having it higher does help in some instances. As far as rinsing, it's the same, just connect to the gray valve and let it go. Host TC are not for everybody, they are big ,heavy, and expensive, but they really are nice and we love our second one. Good thing there are a lot of choices out there. Got to love America.

2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

egarant

Mission Viejo CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/22 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am seeing some You Tubes were the dumping of the black water tank on thier HOST is the bane of their existence.

Right now with my Eagle Cap 950 with a traditional black/grey water dump location I can dump both tanks in less than 15 minutes. Just don’t see that happening with the HOST set up. I think it is going to be a deal breaker for me.

2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears
2013 Eagle Cap 950
480 Watts Solar, 2K Watt Xantrex Inverter, Reonogy MPPT Charge Controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

mike/kellie

northern calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/22 04:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice quote...I saw her comments today. I can understand why Host wants a level tank to dump. The fluids would help move the solids and not be like a table cloth trick with the dishes still in their place.
Maybe more attention to having some clean water in the tank before using? I have used a wand before with success, and also use a 10" clear extension while dumping sometimes paired with a Flush King attachment.
In these times, if you don't want your Host for any reason, there are buyers in line.

2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

egarant

Mission Viejo CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/22 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike/kellie wrote:

Nice quote...I saw her comments today. I can understand why Host wants a level tank to dump. The fluids would help move the solids and not be like a table cloth trick with the dishes still in their place.
Maybe more attention to having some clean water in the tank before using? I have used a wand before with success, and also use a 10" clear extension while dumping sometimes paired with a Flush King attachment.
In these times, if you don't want your Host for any reason, there are buyers in line.

It’s just too bad that HOST didn’t nail one of the most important functions of a RV. When I mentioned my perceived design flaw to them on the phone, the response was “you like the slide out basement storage?”, meaning if the black tank was in the basement you would have not slide out storage tray.

jimh406

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/22 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think that's the thing about designs. There are always tradeoffs. I don't personally like a bathroom next to the bedroom, but others do. It's not necessarily wrong because you don't like the tradeoffs.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Toyo M655 225/19.5 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

MrPhelps

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/22 04:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh406 wrote:

I think that's the thing about designs. There are always tradeoffs. I don't personally like a bathroom next to the bedroom, but others do. It's not necessarily wrong because you don't like the tradeoffs.

100% true ! I had the same concern about this dump valve location when I was considering the purchase of my Host Cascade, but I have no regrets about the purchase. It is just something that takes getting used to. PLEASE NOTE: " user mistakes/errors" are vividly remembered so training is rapid !

[emoticon]

- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/22 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

egarant wrote:

When I mentioned my perceived design flaw to them on the phone, the response was “you like the slide out basement storage?”,

When a company designs something that fits their floor plan, that's not a "design flaw"

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/22 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know people who hate dumping there tanks with DP's. I usually dump both my tanks in less than 10 minutes. I've been doing it for 30 years, it's just not a big deal to me.

egarant

Mission Viejo CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/22 11:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39 wrote:

I know people who hate dumping there tanks with DP's. I usually dump both my tanks in less than 10 minutes. I've been doing it for 30 years, it's just not a big deal to me.

I'm not sure I know what DP stands for...Dual .....??

egarant

Mission Viejo CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/22 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

egarant wrote:

mike/kellie wrote:

It’s just too bad that HOST didn’t nail one of the most important functions of a RV. When I mentioned my perceived design flaw to them on the phone, the response was “you like the slide out basement storage?”, meaning if the black tank was in the basement you would have not slide out storage tray.

Sounds like the method you are doing would need to be done at your own FHU site as you would not want to take that much time at a more public dump station that might have a line....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> HOST Yukon Dump Valve Location
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.