cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elko, NV to Victor, ID

JoWood10
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to Yellowstone from California in the Fall. The only part of the trip that looks "sketchy" to me , is from Elko to Victor. I would love advice and route suggestions to pull a travel trailer. We have had our 28' trailer for a year, but have not had much mountain driving experience yet.
Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
If interested they have two breweries, Grand Teton and Wildlife. Don't know much about Wildlife but Grand Teton is good, at least last time I had their product...
Rick and Patti 🙂
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES 🙂
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Being that your inexperienced with mountain driving whatever you do DO NOT tow 33/22 over the pass down into Jackson. It's quite a drop

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
id 31 is not a freeway but it not a bad road. they keep it up as it is used as the detour when teton pass gets closed

JoWood10
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!
I mapped out our trip and we are staying at Teton Valley Ranch to explore the Tetons and the area for a few days and then on to West Yellowstone to stay at Grizzly RV.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
US 93 to I-85. Catch I-15 south to McCammon US 26 to ID 31.
ID 31 is secondary state highway. Not sure of it's condition.
Reason for Victor ID?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker