cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck Weight Limits for TIP update.

rswzz
Explorer
Explorer
I crossed yesterday at Nogales Mariposa and stopped at KM21 for visa and Truck TIP. I was towing my fifth wheel which has a 10 yr permit. I have a BC License for the truck, a GMC 3500HD which lists both Net wt. (3350kg) and Gross Wt. (5600kg). They said I was over weight as I "weighed" over the limit of 3500kg. No discussion. They sent me to the Aduana office next door, the Aduana officer walked out the truck and verified that the window VIN matched the VIN on the Truck License. We went back to his office where he filled out some paper work and sent me back to the Banjercito office. The TIP was issued with out further delay. The whole process took about 2 hours from start to finish. Just my experience. Everyone was very cordial.
3 REPLIES 3

south-of-the-bo
Explorer
Explorer
We just completed a ROUND TRIP to GUATEMALA AND EL SALVADOR, with our F350 Ford diesel, We kept the Mexico vehicle papers and reused the same papers on our return northbound trip

BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR PAPERS WHEN LEAVING MEXICO, IF RETURNING....YOU CAN USE THEM TIL THE EXPIRATION DATE......
RVing through the Americas
North-Central-South

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....wow. That sounds like good news for people like us, hauling truck camper onboard 3/4 and 1 ton trucks?
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Talleyho69
It sounds like they might possibly be figuring it out! Let's hope that this will be consistent at all of the border crossings.