Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: macerator pumps
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> macerator pumps

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
navigator2346

Wa and points South

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/22 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a uTube that shows how to build a macerator using a regular garbage disposal complete with a parts list

n0arp

FT

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/22 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a FloJet, an Amazon knock-off of it (SeaFlo, I think?), and a SaniCon Turbo. Compared to the SaniCon, the other units are both junk.

Those units, however, perform identically and give me the same amount of issues, mostly related to thermal issues - they have much shorter duty cycles and you have to keep an eye on how long they're running and how warm they're getting, or they'll shut themselves off. Once they do that enough times, the thermal switches fail. Their plastic casings are chintzy and tend to crack over time, especially if connected/disconnected often in cold weather. I have, on occasion, used these with 2x50ft (100ft total) 5/8" hoses to reach septic cleanouts. They're slow but it's doable AND exacerbates the thermal issues mentioned. The SaniCon should be much faster and more reliable at that distance, but I've never tried it, as I use a 21' 1-1/2" layflat discharge hose and camlock fittings with that.

TL;DR go SaniCon.

We use macerator pumps to move all our black/greywater into a custom 165 gallon septic bladder I had made (Husky Portable Containment) and then transport that to the dump station, to avoid having to move entire rigs when setup in the middle of nowhere.

Richert

florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/22 01:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thank y'all

Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> macerator pumps
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.