Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: GM outsold Ford??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM outsold Ford??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/22 01:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Read something yesterday and not sure of others saw/read it as well, but it said that GM outsold Ford in truck sales for 2021. If true, that would dethrone Ford as the #1 seller of trucks 45+ years running. Truth or rumor?

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/22 01:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

Read something yesterday and not sure of others saw/read it as well, but it said that GM outsold Ford in truck sales for 2021. If true, that would dethrone Ford as the #1 seller of trucks 45+ years running. Truth or rumor?

The sales title has always been a bit of a gimmick. I suspect GM & Ford are in it together as I've never seen them challenge the numbers.

If you look at the specific model, F150 usually wins.
If you combine sierra & silverado (which are effectively the exact same truck except for the name badges), GM usually wins.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. Both sell enough that finding parts and getting repairs will not be an issue (same applies to Dodge and Toyota).

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 02:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see plenty of trucks from GM, Ford and Ram everywhere pulling trailers, doing heavy work and as grocery getters. I call it one third of each. All are good. I have driven only GM cars with one dodge dart thrown in and only Ram trucks with one ford Econoline van thrown in. good stuff

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/22 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GM for the win again.

GM Trucks (COMBINED)* 768,698
Ford F-Series 726,004
Ram Trucks 569,388

https://tfltruck.com/2022/01/sales-full-........year-in-2021-gm-trucks-are-still-on-top/

BTW GM sold more in 2020 than the other two also.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dont think its about the trucks anymore. This year and last, the one able to secure the most chips wins.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/22 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

I dont think its about the trucks anymore. This year and last, the one able to secure the most chips wins.

And Tesla's sales almost doubled because they program their own chips and were able to program/reprogram cheaper available chips.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

GM for the win again.

GM Trucks (COMBINED)* 768,698
Ford F-Series 726,004
Ram Trucks 569,388

https://tfltruck.com/2022/01/sales-full-........year-in-2021-gm-trucks-are-still-on-top/

BTW GM sold more in 2020 than the other two also.

Break that down into 3500/350 SRW and DRW trucks.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

And Tesla's sales almost doubled because they program their own chips and were able to program/reprogram cheaper available chips.

If it was that simple, where's the cybertruck?

ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

ACZL wrote:

The sales title has always been a bit of a gimmick. I suspect GM & Ford are in it together as I've never seen them challenge the numbers.

If you look at the specific model, F150 usually wins.
If you combine sierra & silverado (which are effectively the exact same truck except for the name badges), GM usually wins.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. Both sell enough that finding parts and getting repairs will not be an issue (same applies to Dodge and Toyota).

who win's depends on what is said. Which BRAND sold the most, Ford is perenial winner. Which COMPANY sold the most, General Motors most often outsells Ford Motor Company with Chevy and GMC combined sales. Which model sells the most, Ford F150 is a decades long winner. Which is the lowest selling brand? I'll bet GMC is near the bottom, below RAM/Dodge, maybe even toyota, but above Nissan and honda. (just my guess since I don't have any data)

To me it is all irrelevant. I buy what I like the best for what I want to do. All three mfg make really nice trucks today. Glad I have so much to choose from.

2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/22 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I doubt the delay in delivering the CyberTruck has to do with lack of chips. More that Elon has found it harder for the engineers to live up to what comes from his mouth. I suspect IF GM or Ford deliver what they promise for their EV truck line, Cybers will come in third. They be just butt ugly. (My opinion of course)

Me Again wrote:

If it was that simple, where's the cybertruck?

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM outsold Ford??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.