Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Is this forum dying?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Is this forum dying?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You all might just stop by and make a comment now and then. I think we are mostly all getting old and ageing out of the RV world but just think of the wealth of knowledge us old timers have. When its gone its gone but myself at 80 I am still on the road often and do most of the work on my DP myself. So stick your nose in here now and then---if you are not part of the solution you may be part of the problem. Stay safe!

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So hopefully, we can get ongoing concerns and issues with the forums addressed in the near future, as Mods have re-established communications with CW/GS including proposed virtual meetings.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This forum stinks of trolls.
Used to be friendly place with a sense of camaraderie and decorum but now it's full of cheap shots, people who have to comment and argue about everything and blow-hards. They post stuff they'd never have to courage to say in person to boost their low self esteem.
So yeah, a lot of the old timers don't find it worth the time to visit the site very often - or at all.

* This post was edited 02/09/22 06:40pm by ScottG *

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, it’s dying…4 new threads with 15 posts in 18 hours.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

This forum stinks of trolls.
Used to be friendly place with a sense of camaraderie and decorum but now it's full of cheap shots, people who have to comment and argue about everything and blow-hards. They post stuff they'd never have to courage to say in person to boost their low self esteem.
So yeah, a lot of the old timers don't find it worth the time to visit the site very often - or at all.

The trolls seem to come and go. Always wondered if they go away on their own. Or the mods get rid of them.

But in general, I do think we as a society are getting meaner. Kind of makes me sad

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would say trolls don't go away by themselves. [emoticon]

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1492 wrote:

And we thank you guys for that! But there are plenty of them alive and well on here - I've seen it today in several posts. They operate just within the rules so they can't be touched.
Most of them probably don't even know they've been reduced to troll status and that their post's garner little respect.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

1492 wrote:

And we thank you guys for that! But there are plenty of them alive and well on here - I've seen it today in several posts. They operate just within the rules so they can't be touched.
Most of them probably don't even know they've been reduced to troll status and that their post's garner little respect.

There is competition from other RV, camping/travel forums and other social media plus lack of interest and not because of a few trolls. Amazing that a few are freaking out over a few trolls. Go fishing and get a

* This post was edited 02/10/22 12:36am by NamMedevac 70 *

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/22 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And this too shall pass....

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/22 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you all just checking one or two sections of this forum? Almost every morning I look through this forum, and every morning there are pages of new posts. I usually check "Active" posts from all sections and at least one full page of new posts (to me, at least) come up.

I don't post as much as I used to, but I see lots of new people joining regularly.

I do believe I remember not long after I joined (20ish years ago?!!? Holy Crikey!) I was reading posts asking if this forum was dying.

I do agree with people who say this forum is very "clunky". Other forums I go to are much easier to do basic things like post a picture.

But this forum is still rolling on.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Is this forum dying?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.