cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custer State Park Sylvan lake 32’ tt

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all. Has anyone been to sylvan lake with a larger TT. Mine is 32’ box. 35’ total length. Towed by a 15 passenger van. I got a spot there but realized that there are some tight turns. Called the park office and they said it’s limited o 25’ TT. Has anyone gotten anything bigger in there?
15 REPLIES 15

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Ok! Thank you everyone!

ifd22
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed in the Stockade lake north campground last year with a 36’ fifth wheel. Had plenty of room, and there was lots of sites that would of worked for us.
2019 Primetime lite Crusader
2018 Ram 2500 Crewcab CTD
Andersen hitch

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
You would be better off at Game Lodge or Fort Welikit (it is close to Sylvan) with a trailer your size. Note that there are several posts on this that aren't entirely accurate, but make sure you pay attention to the posted signs and official online warnings about tunnels etc. Sylvan Lake can be accessed without tunnels, so don't just blindly follow Google or any other gps guidance.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
I wouldn't stay there with a trailer that long. Try Rafter J. It is great.
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
If I remember one of the roads (Needles highway?) leading to the park has a couple of 10' high tunnels.
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having worked in the Park for a couple of summers, I suggest you might want to drop reservation at Sylvan and find another CG. We love CSP but the CG facilities are sorely lacking. No sewer and most CG have limited sites with water. Power has come to most now but still some without.
Sylvan Lake CG is very small with very small sites. Pulling that trailer with a van that big is going to be a pain just getting up to the Sylvan Lake area - narrow crooked roads both directions and there is at least one with a tunnel.
Maneuvering inside the CG is going to be REALLY tight if not impossible.
The place is not scenic although it is VERY unusual. Find another CG outside the park and drive to Sylvan and the Eye of the Needle area.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Custer's Gulch is right outside the park and is an excellent private park. We stayed there a couple years ago and the sites were large and open with easy access. Also, had some pull thrus. Very nice, friendly staff.

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
I worked at the Sylvan Lake store and would walk around the campground. I would not want to put a 32 footer in there. Matter of fact, there were some 20 footers that shouldn't be there either due to the way they were parked. I suggest Game Lodge if you want to be in the park or Fort Welikeit just outside the park

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Ok! Thanks. Been to plenty of parks that day 28 to 30’ and I can definitely fit. So before I cancelled my reservation I figured I would ask.

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
If the park told you 25 TT max then accept that and book in another CG in the park. Most of the others will be able to handle that size.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Thirty two feet is going to be a very tight fit. There are few spots that are drive through and the host may not allow a rig your size at all. You may also have to park your tow away from your site in the entry area as most sites are under 30 feet.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Not much help from me as to staying there. Just identifying location.
Sylvan Lake

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Even a state would help

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer