cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scan tool for Ram CTD

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guy next door sez that those 40 dollar scanners will work for my Ram CTD . What do ya think ?
8 REPLIES 8

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
bguy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
bguy wrote:
Get one that reads ABS and SRS as well.

It looks like you can get one for about $100, anything much less I didn't see those two features .

100 bucks well spent. BTW they go on sale around here for like 129-149 CND before tax (15%)

I agree ,after a couple CEL's ,and going to get it read it's time to buy one .

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
cummins2014 wrote:
bguy wrote:

It looks like you can get one for about $100, anything much less I didn't see those two features .

100 bucks well spent. BTW they go on sale around here for like 129-149 CND before tax (15%)
---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
bguy wrote:

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP here , thanks for the replies , now all I gotta do is talk Evil Woman out of the money !

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a wide range of test, Autel 629 offers about the best bang for the buck, ABS, Tranny, etc for $130 , but be forewarned, it is very slow. Takes over twice as long to do a scan compared to my more basic units.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, any OBD2 sensor will work. Before you buy one, know the limitations. I had a check engine light and borrowed my buddies scanner. Turns out that my check engine light was due to an ABS issue (a wheel sensor, to be specific) and the cheapo scanner didn't do ABS scanning. Know what you want the tool to do and buy one that has those capabilities.

I went out and bought this one from Amazon for $50. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084SWJL4J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Standard scanner works fine on mine. It was probably about $40 or so. It has more than paid for itself and it has worked on our other vehicles as well.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB