cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

USB C to USB C charging cable

monkey44
Nomad
Nomad
What is a good brand for short - 12 inch - USB C to USB C charging cable ... My Blazer has a USB C port as does my Android Galaxy phone and the OEM Cable is six feet, way to long.

Also need a 90 degree 110v plug charger for Android phone too. Almost every one seems to pop out the top - or horizontal - instead of at 90 degrees. Can be USB A to USB C but also 12 inch cable.

I'm looking on Amazon, but reviews are so up and down on the same cords and vendors I can't figure out a good brand. Would rather buy quality then save a buck. Thx M44
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
15 REPLIES 15

LittleBill
Explorer
Explorer

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
In my experience none of the brands are better than another. The biggest failure is the usb outlet in the device.

I'm only just getting started in USB c but in other cables dollar store or "monster cable" both last about the same length of time.

So far my usb-c last longer but that's because the port in the device isn't as fragile.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

monkey44
Nomad
Nomad
We only own a few devices, but at this point all but our Laptops connect with USB C, so it makes sense to get a couple good ones - one for each vehicle.

Like wapiticountry said, everything changes every few years now. By the time these wear out, we'll need some other connection type. Even now, it seems the newest thing is wireless charging. WIFI makes cables obsolete - even our home televisions are now wireless.

Next up, a armored E-suit we wear around the house to keep all the E-waves from affecting our bodies and brains. ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
toedtoes wrote:
In my experience none of the brands are better than another. The biggest failure is the usb outlet in the device.

I'm only just getting started in USB c but in other cables dollar store or "monster cable" both last about the same length of time.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

monkey44
Nomad
Nomad
I bought the Anker ... not so much 'budget crusher' concern, but quality of the product. Last thing anyone needs is a cable that fails when you're in the back-country or anywhere else enjoying yourself and you can't charge your Laptop, your phone your camera because a cheap cable fails. I get tired of buying things twice because the products are so cheaply made.

So many products claim quality when it is not once you buy it and use it. I agree, electronics change, but if my phone will only last three or four years, I'd like the cable to last that long too.

Guess I could buy five, keep them in the glove box, and toss one every year. Or toss them all into a landfill when a new version comes out. Seems the phones change the connections so we have to buy all new cables each time as well.
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
pianotuna wrote:
monkey44 wrote:
Thanks ... ๐Ÿ™‚

I just buy at the Dollar Tree.

I used to do the same, but noticed that the cheap "Dollar Tree" cables stopped charging after a couple of years. When I started buying quality cables, that never happened again. Hence, my switch to Anker.
A dollar every couple of years is hardly a budget crusher for most people. And it seems to me that the standards change almost that fast. Now itโ€™s USB-C for android a USB to lightning for Apple. I a few years who knows.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've never had one fail. I've lost a few.

For a little while they had some that had led's. It was great to know there was power.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
monkey44 wrote:
Thanks ... ๐Ÿ™‚

I used to do the same, but noticed that the cheap "Dollar Tree" cables stopped charging after a couple of years. When I started buying quality cables, that never happened again. Hence, my switch to Anker.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I have had good luck with the Amazon Basic brand.

Most USB cables are sold by metric standards, so look for 1/2M, about 19".

If you are really "hard" on your cables, buy ones rated for 100W. They actually use thicker gauge wire.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
monkey44 wrote:
Thanks ... ๐Ÿ™‚

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I only buy Anker brand.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

monkey44
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks ... ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.amazon.com/3-Pack-Charge-Compatible-Samsung-MacBook/dp/B092JR2SV3/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1V8YKU...
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
After trying a few brands I found This brand to be durable and works well in the RV.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C